SCOM 2012 R2 Integration with HP Oneview 2.0 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Skovyn,

We have installed and followd the documents provided by gautam to integrate the alerts for Oneview with SCOM.

But its shown ad greyed out still.

Kindly help me to achieve the same.

Thanks

Avneesh Jain

Monday, October 24, 2016 2:46 PM

Answers

• Hi Avneesh,

it's really hard to tell from a distance what exactly is going on. My suggestion would be to involve HP and open a Software Case there, so that they can assist you with the MP configuration and troubleshooting. 

Best Regards,

Stoyan

Stoyan (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" where applicable. This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognizes useful contributions. Thanks!)

• Proposed as answer by Elton_Ji Sunday, November 6, 2016 3:35 PM
    • Marked as answer by Elton_Ji Sunday, November 13, 2016 3:15 AM
    Wednesday, October 26, 2016 11:42 AM

All replies

• Hi Avneesh,

were you able to check the Health Explorer and in particular the state change events? What do you find there?

Another thing i noticed: You say Your OneView has the v2. So which version of the OneView for Microsoft System Center are you using?

You need the OneView for Microsoft System Center v8 in order to be able to intgerate with OV v2.

Regards,

Stoyan (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" where applicable. This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognizes useful contributions. Thanks!)

Monday, October 24, 2016 2:56 PM
  • Hi Stoyan,

we are using Microsoft System Center v8.0 only and hp one view scom integration kit version 3.0.6 only.  

I have seen the health explorer and i could not see any state change events for HP networks, HP servers other than appliance.

Thanks

Avneesh

Tuesday, October 25, 2016 6:25 AM
  • Hi Avneesh,

what about the state change events on the appliance itself? Can you please provide a screenshot from the health explorer (state change events) from the appliance itself? If it is gray, then you should have a monitor that is not healthy or grey...

Regards,

Tuesday, October 25, 2016 8:04 AM
  • HI Stoyan,

I have reinstalled the same again and  now i can see the enclosures and virtual connect popped up.  its almost 3 hours and still i am not able to see the server  and storage devices.

Kindly let me  know, is there any issue with the same , or how i can get the same asap.

Thanks

Avneesh 

Tuesday, October 25, 2016 9:09 AM
  • Hi Avinash,

you will see storage devices only if you have the 3PAR managed by the appliance. Is this the case?
    In regads to the servers, have you enabled the discovery? Please check Discovering HPE OneView ProLiant server from the OneView MP Guide:

Discovery rules
    Configure the following rules to discover an OneView ProLiant server:
    • OneView Proliant Server Group to Proliant Server membership discovery rule
    • Server Collection Discovery
    • OneView ProLiant Server Discovery
    80 Using HPE OneView Server Management Pack
    Adding HPE OneView ProLiant Server
    To discover an OneView ProLiant Server:
    1. Add an OneView appliance using the OCD.
    2. Import the OneView Server Management Pack.
    3. Once the management pack is imported, all ProLiant Servers under the OneView appliances
    managed in the SCOM are discovered.
    NOTE: The default polling interval for a ProLiant Server discovery is 4 hours (14400 seconds). You can override and customize the interval, if applicable.)

Another thing: You will have to wait for all the information to populate in SCOM. It is not that after 3 hours you will get everything. Take your time. After the 3 hours (if it is configured like that the discovery will kick in, the data will populate with a bit of delay, depending on it amount.)

Regards,

Stoyan

Tuesday, October 25, 2016 9:22 AM
  • Hi Stoyan,

I am interested only in the Alerts part, and can not see any of them.

I have seen the enclosures and virtual connect in the Group diagram till now.

and in the alert view there is nothing .

so let me know how can i achieve the same.

#####################

MP is imported but none of the proliant servers are visible yet.

Thanks 

Avneesh

Tuesday, October 25, 2016 11:58 AM
  • Hi Avneesh,

Alerts  are generated by the monitors and rules, dependent on the discovered components. You will not get alerts if your component is not discovered. You need you the managed OneView components discovered in SCOM, that is for sure. 

There are also Alerts, which are generated by Event processing rules, which identify and display component events in the Windows Event Log. In the guide you will see a table with the related events, identified and displayed by each of the Management Packs. Please check your OneView Management Event log on the servers, which have the Event Management Service installed. 

In regards to the alerts, generated by the other rules and monitors - they will start showing when the respective component is already discovered (and of course when it is in a state that triggers the monitor/rule).

Please check the troubleshooting section of the guide for OneView to get some more ideas on what to do in case the discovery fails. There is a section, called "Operations Manager is not discovering HPE OneView Appliance/Enclosure/Virtual Connect/Storage Systems/Servers" In the guide you will find also other useful information.  

In addition to this you can do some basic troubleshooting on the SCOM side (if your issue stays unresolved) and check the Operations Manager event logs for issues with the discovery, but this makes sense only if you have gone over all the steps in the guide, followed the troubleshooting and you have no other options. 

Unfortunately It is very hard for me to tell only based on few sentences what is exactly going on, so I try to give the best guide possible according the circumstances. :)

Hope this helps further. 

Regards,

Tuesday, October 25, 2016 12:14 PM
  • Hi Stoyan,

i am  getting the below error in eventviewer.

Log Name:      HP OneView Management
    Source:        HP OneView Management Core
    Date:          10/26/2016 4:39:43 AM
    Event ID:      221

I can see the MASTERXML.xml file is existing in the installation folder of event manager. and its not corrupted as well.

as per the guide i can see it's master.xml so the same name file is not existing. 

Kindly assist.

Thanks

Avneesh 

Wednesday, October 26, 2016 10:23 AM
  • Hi Avneesh,

it's really hard to tell from a distance what exactly is going on. My suggestion would be to involve HP and open a Software Case there, so that they can assist you with the MP configuration and troubleshooting. 

Best Regards,

Stoyan

• Proposed as answer by Elton_Ji Sunday, November 6, 2016 3:35 PM
    • Marked as answer by Elton_Ji Sunday, November 13, 2016 3:15 AM
    Wednesday, October 26, 2016 11:42 AM