Mail merge does nt send messages - Outlook and Word 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Having merged to email several times I did not anticipate the issue I just encountered and can't explain.

I am using Office 2010's Outlook, Word, and Excel.

The spreadsheet was originally created in 2003 but converted to and saved as Excel 2010. This contains the mail recipients data.

The document creation, data link all works as expected and previewing the merge shows no issues and the relevant fields do match.

The merge to email shows the process going through all data sets and Outlook contains all the "Sent" emails and these open up to show who they were sent to and appear correct in all detail. However, no recipients get the main in their inbox!

If I test the send using one or two individuals from the list then it works but sending all 108 emails, (as current issues requires), results in no emails being received.

Anyone experienced this or have any suggestions?

(I am using Norton Internet Security Suite but disabling this does not overcome the issue) 

Saturday, July 16, 2011 3:56 PM

Answers

• Hi,

What type of email account? If they are in the sent folder, the problem is not with outlook but with your isp or possibly, your antivirus scanning outgoing email. Because you send a large number at once, the ISP may think the mail is spam and drops it.

Best Regards,

Nick Wan

• Marked as answer by Nick Wan Monday, July 25, 2011 7:13 AM
    Thursday, July 21, 2011 8:11 AM