Windows - No Disc RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all, I have a problem similar to others on this forum but with one slight variance:

The problem is this:

I get the popup entitled "Windows - No Disc" stating the following:

Exception Processing Message 0xc0000013 Parameters 0x755C023C 0x83C2CA44 0x755C023C 0x755C023C

Allowing me 3 Choices; Cancel, Try Again, Continue

Spamming any of these buttons multiple times, or in any combination will do nothing, the popup just comes back.

Now, the difference between mine and others is that this only occurs when I plug a USB drive of any type into my machine, whether it be a USB flash drive, or my external hard drive. System restore did not repair this, and scans of my computer and whichever drive is plugged in at the time with Kaspersky Antivirus and AVG have not turned anything up.

I have not yet attempted a registry cleaner but from what I have read, that does not commonly fix the issue anyway.

It also may be helpful that I formerly used daemon tools lite when this error first occured. I have now deleted the virtual drive to which it mounted and uninstalled the program but to no avail.

Any and all insight into this problem would be highly appreciated. Thank you for your time Smile

EDIT:

When booting in safe mode, this issue does not occur
    Saturday, April 19, 2008 7:31 PM

Answers

• Hello,

As the solution I provided is based on some similar issues that are caused by groovemonitor, you may be not able to find this option if not having Microsoft Groove installed.

However, because this issue is still possibly 3rd party application or service related, I still recommend you to perform a clean boot to exclude those factors:

(KB929135) How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;929135

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Lionel

Wednesday, April 23, 2008 6:25 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Based on my experience, this issue should be caused by some other applications or services. You may try the following steps firstly:

1.    Open start menu and type Msconfig in start search box.

2.    When the utility populates the programs list, then click on it and open up the system configuration utility.

3.    Uncheck groovemonitor in the startup tab.

4.    Restart your computer.

Hope it helps!

Cheers,

Lionel

Monday, April 21, 2008 8:36 AM
  • Update:

That fix didn't work as that process was not in my startup items. Thank you for the suggestion though.

Some more information:

I use blackbox for windows, although that should not be a problem as this issue does not occur on my nearly identical machine which also runs blackbox

I don't think its related to my startup items either as this problem only happens when a USB volume is connected to my computer. I have now tried this with my USB flash drive, my external hard drive, and my digital camera.

Any thoughts?

Thank you once again for your time Smile
    Wednesday, April 23, 2008 1:38 AM
  • Hello,

As the solution I provided is based on some similar issues that are caused by groovemonitor, you may be not able to find this option if not having Microsoft Groove installed.

However, because this issue is still possibly 3rd party application or service related, I still recommend you to perform a clean boot to exclude those factors:

(KB929135) How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;929135

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Lionel

Wednesday, April 23, 2008 6:25 AM