Exchange 2003 rebuilt but forgot some patches/hotfixes RRS feed

• Question

• I had to rebuild Exchange 2003 Enterprise server from scratch using a new machine and running "setup.exe /disasterrecovery".  The old Exchange server was disconnected from the network.

Eventually a new server was rebuilt and works but when I try to install something like Mobile Admin in IIS to manage mobile phone usage, it caused the mail flow to stop working.  After uninstalling MobileAdmin from IIS and restarting IIS, everything started working again. 

I checked and noticed the old Exchange server had several patches/hotfixes that the new Exchange server didn't have.  Both do have SP2. 

Should I install these missing patches/hotfixes to match the old Exchange server?  If so, how?  Using just a regular update or using update /disasterrecovery?

• Edited by Banc0 Thursday, February 14, 2013 9:09 PM
    Thursday, February 14, 2013 9:08 PM

Answers

• I would Windows Update against the server and apply any security hotfixes that may still be available for the O/S.. You probably arent going to find any post SP2 Exchange updates available online however since Exchange 2003 support ended years ago. If you have those copied and saved somewhere then I would apply them, otherwise go with what you have.

Twitter!:

Thursday, February 14, 2013 11:24 PM