Will Windows XP still get Windows Update download? RRS feed

• Question

• I am thinking of wiping out an XP Home netbook and re-installing it from scratch.  I understand Microsoft is not supporting Windows XPs any more.  Will the newly re-installed Windows XP get automatic Windows update download from Microsoft of whatever Microsoft has already developed.
    Monday, March 10, 2014 12:38 AM

Answers

• Yes, it will. As per MS : "There are no current plans to remove existing Windows XP security updates from Windows Update after end of support on April 8, 2014," 

Arnav Sharma | http://arnavsharma.net/ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, March 10, 2014 7:34 AM
  • After April 8, 2014, Microsoft will no longer offer any new security updates for the soon-to-be-obsolete Windows XP operating system.  It is highly recommended that you upgrade to a modern operating system, such as Windows 7 or Windows 8.1.

Carey Frisch

Monday, March 10, 2014 1:11 PM

All replies

• Yes, it will. As per MS : "There are no current plans to remove existing Windows XP security updates from Windows Update after end of support on April 8, 2014," 

Arnav Sharma | http://arnavsharma.net/ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, March 10, 2014 7:34 AM
  • After April 8, 2014, Microsoft will no longer offer any new security updates for the soon-to-be-obsolete Windows XP operating system.  It is highly recommended that you upgrade to a modern operating system, such as Windows 7 or Windows 8.1.

Carey Frisch

Monday, March 10, 2014 1:11 PM
  • Thanks guys.
    Tuesday, March 11, 2014 1:00 AM
  • I do not think the Acer Aspire one netbook in question can take Windows 7 or Windows 8.1.  The computer is only used as a spare and for some minor jobs.
    Tuesday, March 11, 2014 1:13 AM