Sticky Notes do not have accessible controls RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

It appears that the new sticky notes are not fully accessible for people with vision impairements.  I noticed that the text of the message is quite readable but there is no apparant function to delete, close, or view other notes on the screen.

I created a sticky note and entered some text and the screen reader (JAWS) coped well with the text and switched into it with no problems.

Typically to access a window control the user would press Control + Space.  Under this menu the option to close the note was not enabled.

There seemed to be no other menu item to activate the delete function and I ended up having to click randomly where I thought the X might be.

It's possible I am just missing the menu hot key or it's possible that Sticky Notes will simply not work for the vision impaired.
    Sunday, May 24, 2009 6:02 PM

Answers

• Yes, Ctrl-D will close and delete the note, Ctrl-N will make a new one, and Alt-F4 will exit the program.

Here is a list of keyboard shortcuts for Sticky Notes:

Control+L = left align
    Control+E = center
    Control+R = right align
    Control+T = strikethrough
    Control+U = underline
    Control+I = italic
    Control+B = bold

Ctrl+Shift+> = bigger font
    Ctrl+Shift+< = smaller font

Ctrl+Shift+L = bulleted list

Control+N = new note
    Control+D = DELETE (without confirmation!)

Control+A = select all
    Control+X = cut
    Control+C = copy
    Control+V = paste

Control+Z = undo
    Control+Y = redo

Tuesday, May 26, 2009 3:41 AM
  • Hi,

It appears that the new sticky notes are not fully accessible for people with vision impairements.  I noticed that the text of the message is quite readable but there is no apparant function to delete, close, or view other notes on the screen.

I created a sticky note and entered some text and the screen reader (JAWS) coped well with the text and switched into it with no problems.

Typically to access a window control the user would press Control + Space.  Under this menu the option to close the note was not enabled.

There seemed to be no other menu item to activate the delete function and I ended up having to click randomly where I thought the X might be.

It's possible I am just missing the menu hot key or it's possible that Sticky Notes will simply not work for the vision impaired.
    Ctrl-d will close the note, Ctrl-n will create a new one hope that helps!
    Sunday, May 24, 2009 8:59 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Ctrl-d will close the note, Ctrl-n will create a new one hope that helps!
    Sunday, May 24, 2009 8:59 PM
  • Yes, Ctrl-D will close and delete the note, Ctrl-N will make a new one, and Alt-F4 will exit the program.

Here is a list of keyboard shortcuts for Sticky Notes:

Control+L = left align
    Control+E = center
    Control+R = right align
    Control+T = strikethrough
    Control+U = underline
    Control+I = italic
    Control+B = bold

Ctrl+Shift+> = bigger font
    Ctrl+Shift+< = smaller font

Ctrl+Shift+L = bulleted list

Control+N = new note
    Control+D = DELETE (without confirmation!)

Control+A = select all
    Control+X = cut
    Control+C = copy
    Control+V = paste

Control+Z = undo
    Control+Y = redo

Tuesday, May 26, 2009 3:41 AM