dont see preview for jpg,jpeg files RRS feed

• Question

• hello

i have a PC with win10 pro and i cant see preview of pictures when i set it to photos or paint or paint3d

win10 pro 1709

thank you

Tuesday, June 12, 2018 9:06 AM

All replies

• Two places need to be noticed:

1, Open Control Panel and click open Folder Options. Here under the View tab, ensure that Always show icons, never thumbnails is unchecked

2, Under the Advanced tab, click on Performance Settings. Under the Visual Effects tab, you will see Show thumbnails instead of icons. Make sure that this option is checked. Click on Apply and Exit.

Restart computer.

Once you have done this, you will be able to see Thumbnail Previews for images, videos and other file types in File Explorer.

Ensure you are using the "Photos" as default application.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, June 13, 2018 8:05 AM
  • Would you mind letting me know the update of the problem? If you need further assistance, feel free to let me know.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, June 14, 2018 1:18 AM
  • Two places need to be noticed:

1, Open Control Panel and click open Folder Options. Here under the View tab, ensure that Always show icons, never thumbnails is unchecked

2, Under the Advanced tab, click on Performance Settings. Under the Visual Effects tab, you will see Show thumbnails instead of icons. Make sure that this option is checked. Click on Apply and Exit.

Restart computer.

Once you have done this, you will be able to see Thumbnail Previews for images, videos and other file types in File Explorer.

Ensure you are using the "Photos" as default application.

Regards

that didnt help.

its already like that.

Thursday, June 14, 2018 2:19 PM
  • Try the method here:

Windows 10 thumbnails all messed up? Here's how to fix it!

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-reset-thumbnail-cache-windows-10

one more thing, make sure your default picture viewer is Photo app, don’t use third-party software as default app.

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Regards

Friday, June 15, 2018 8:58 AM