which item does user have access to with limited access RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

A user has asked me to give contribute permissions to a doc library, I didnt set up the user originally and found that the user does exist in the site but has limited access. How do i know which asset the user has permissions for ? and how would I add permissions to the doc library that exist in the site ?

Thanks

Thursday, June 16, 2011 7:47 AM

Answers

• Hi roastchicken,

I have did a lot of tests. It seems that there is not an OOTB solution for this. I think the best way is to create a view to show the items which the user has limited access permissions through programming.

Thanks & Regards,

Peng Lei

• Marked as answer by David HM Wednesday, June 22, 2011 3:29 AM
    Friday, June 17, 2011 7:21 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Limited access shows up when users have access to the part of the site's content.

In case you want to provide the user with the contribute permissions, do the steps below.

• Go to Doc Library settings.
    • Select Permissions for this document library.
    • From Actions menu select "Edit Permissions" & click ok (If not done earlier).
    • Now add the user here by clicking new->add user with contribute rights.

Thanks,
    Chanakya
    Microsoft Community Contributor | MCP
    My Blog
    Thursday, June 16, 2011 9:49 AM
  • hey thanks for that, could u tell me how i can find out which asset the user has permissions for already under limited access ?

Thursday, June 16, 2011 10:13 AM
  • Hi roastchicken,

I have did a lot of tests. It seems that there is not an OOTB solution for this. I think the best way is to create a view to show the items which the user has limited access permissions through programming.

Thanks & Regards,

Peng Lei

• Marked as answer by David HM Wednesday, June 22, 2011 3:29 AM
    Friday, June 17, 2011 7:21 AM