SFB on Windows 10 causing problems shutting down RRS feed

• Question

• I'm setting up a build of Windows 10 with Office 2016 looking to roll out to about 5000 machines, but on our current test builds (using MS Surface Pro 4, Dell Latitude 7440 and Lenovo Helix 2) I'm finding that whenever the PC is shut down with SFB still running I get the "End Program - lync.exe" warning which stops the shutdown until the "End Now" is clicked. The drivers for the PCs seem to be up to date as well as all the Windows/Office patches.

I realise that if I exit the client completely rather than minimizing it, it all closes down fine, which is ok for a handful of users, but is not a real solution if we roll it out to all 5000 people.

I've tried putting a powershell command into the domain group policy to end the SFB process as a shutdown script, but this does not attempt to do it until it is too late.

There seems to be lots of comments on the web about similar things, but mostly the "solutions" seem to either be to update drivers or to close the client fully before shutting down.

Is there a genuine solution to this anywhere, as we can't be the only people that this is a major issue for?

Thanks.

Tuesday, November 22, 2016 10:44 AM

All replies

• Hi Miggi,

Welcome to our forum.     

By my test, lync.exe will be closed when I shutdown my Windows 10. By this issue, we suggest you do the following steps to check if the issue was caused by third party software or GPO:

1. Start a fresh Window 10 with the latest
    2. Only install Office 2016 with the latest
    3. Run the SFB 2016, then shutdown PC without existing it

In addition, you also could post this case to Windows 10 forum by the following link:
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/home?forum=win10itprogeneral&filter=alltypes&sort=lastpostdesc

If there are any questions or issues, please be free to let me know.   

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by jim-xu Tuesday, November 29, 2016 2:10 AM
    Thursday, November 24, 2016 11:47 AM