Create file in a azure storage account location/shared folder? Path questions on my code RRS feed

• Question

• Im new to powershell and runbooks, im currently trying to understand why my code works or basically where is the file stored i do understand my path but i dont see how i can see the files in a azure storage account. I guess my code PS code needs to actually upload it to a shared folder or blob but im not sure how to do this.

What im trying to do is create a pnp template of a site and upload it to a sharepoint library. My code works but i dont really know how path c:\ can work and what i should change to actually upload it to a shared folder or blob instead. I do the converting from xml to pnp because for some reason if i create a pnp file directly it fails to be applied later on but xml files works and converting xml to pnp works.

param (
        [Parameter(Mandatory=$true)]
        [string]$Url,
        [string]$TemplateName,
        [string]$CheckInComment     
    )
    $cred = Get-AutomationPSCredential -Name xxxx
    Connect-PnPOnline -Url $Url -Credentials $cred
    Get-PnPProvisioningTemplate -Out C:\templates\MyTemplate.xml -ExcludeHandlers SiteSecurity
    Convert-PnPFolderToProvisioningTemplate -Out C:\templates\MyTemplate.pnp -Folder C:\templates -Force
    Connect-PnPOnline -Url 'https://xxxxxx/sites/TemplateStorageCenter' -Credentials $cred
    Add-PnPFile -Path C:\templates\MyTemplate.pnp -Folder 'Course Site Templates' -Checkout -CheckInComment $CheckInComment -NewFileName $TemplateName

• Edited by Jimmy_Work Monday, February 17, 2020 8:08 AM Sorry for formating
    Friday, February 14, 2020 12:38 PM

All replies

• Please edit your post and fix the code to display correctly.

\_(ツ)_/

Friday, February 14, 2020 12:59 PM
  • Still pretty much a mess.  Why can't you do the following:

The PowerShell Best Practices and Style Guide

If you make it harder for us to read your code then it will take longer to get an answer.

\_(ツ)_/

Saturday, February 15, 2020 6:26 PM
  • The following is readable

param (
        [string]$Url,
        [string]$TemplateName,
        [string]$CheckInComment     
    )
    $cred = Get-AutomationPSCredential -Name xxxx
    Connect-PnPOnline -Url $Url -Credentials $cred
    Get-PnPProvisioningTemplate -Out C:\templates\MyTemplate.xml -ExcludeHandlers SiteSecurity
    Convert-PnPFolderToProvisioningTemplate -Out C:\templates\MyTemplate.pnp -Folder C:\templates -Force
    Connect-PnPOnline -Url 'https://xxxxxx/sites/TemplateStorageCenter' -Credentials $cred
    Add-PnPFile -Path C:\templates\MyTemplate.pnp -Folder 'Course Site Templates' -Checkout -CheckInComment $CheckInComment -NewFileName $TemplateName

Your question is not understandable.  What is it you mean by "blob storage"?

\_(ツ)_/

Saturday, February 15, 2020 6:31 PM
  • Sorry for the bad copy and paste was in a rush, wont happen again.

With blob storage i just mean writing the file to an azure blob or even a shared storage created in azure.

I guess my questions is when i run my code it works, but i can't really browse to C:\ in my storage account or at least not in in a good way that i know of. If i was able to create the files in a azure blob or shared storage it would be easier for me to view the files.

Monday, February 17, 2020 8:10 AM
  • For issues with Azure or SharePoint online you will have to post in the azure forums.  All of your questions have nothing to do with scripting.

\_(ツ)_/

Monday, February 17, 2020 8:22 AM