none
Project created from workflow not shown in project center RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have set up a demand management process in sharepoint online with SharePoint Designer 2013.

I've created a site workflow which handles creating a new project number and initial approval.

I'm logging the activities and in the history logs I can see that the workflow enters the step to create the project and when finished enters the next step to log that the project creation has finished.

trouble is that the project never gets created or is never shown in project center. I have created a second workflow to see if there is a value for the associated project and there is a guid present in the  MSPWAPROJUID field. However, when I search using REST queries, this project cannot be found.

This issue does not happen consistently so it is difficult to analyze.

Is there anyone who has experienced similar behaviour??

any help would be greatly appreciated

Monday, February 16, 2015 4:45 PM

All replies

• Hi Robert,

Have you check if the project can be accessed using MS Project Pro? Or if you can see it under the delete Enterprise objects area? I am thinking that maybe your project is not published and just sits in the draft area

Paul

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 9:18 AM
  • I am thinking the same thing, but unfortunately I cant find the project there either.

It's like the project is in limbo somewhere and it can't get out.

This happened a couple of days ago as well and that project is yet to turn up. So I guess it will stay in whatever phase it is unless some manual action is performed.

Now the challenge is to find it...

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 12:27 PM
  • Hi Robert,

I'd say that if the project is not even in the Draft DB, I'd trust this information rather than the log to say that the project has not been created, despite of the log. I guess you have all PWA and farm admin rights to check that it is not a permission or visibility issue.

No ProjUID, nothing in both published and draft DBs, no project! I'd check once more the ULS log and the PWA queue then try to debug the workflow itself.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 12:33 PM