Missing Edit Button on Wiki Pages RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

My firm uses a customized layout for our SharePoint site. Nothing crazy, just some different colors and our logo.

Whenever I create or view a wiki page, the "Edit/History/Incoming Links" buttons just aren't there.

Could this be a product of our customized layout, or is it a setting somewhere? Where could I go to investigate this further?

Thanks,

Jarrod

• Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Wednesday, September 21, 2011 6:56 PM pre-sp 2010 wiki is social computing (From:SharePoint - General Question and Answers and Discussion (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Wednesday, September 21, 2011 6:38 PM

Answers

• Hi Jarrod,

The corresponding content place for wiki toolbar “Edit|History|Incoming Links” is PlaceHolderMiniConsole, the control is
    <asp:Content ContentPlaceHolderId="PlaceHolderMiniConsole" runat="server">
    <SharePoint:FormComponent TemplateName="WikiMiniConsole" ControlMode="Display" runat="server"/>
    </asp:Content>

You can open a wiki page in SharePoint Designer to see whether PlaceHolderMiniConsole exist.

The wiki page is created based on the “wkpstd.aspx” layout which is available under the DocumentTemplates folder of 12 hive, please go to that file “wkpstd.aspx” to see whether the PlaceHolderMiniConsole exist and is correct, like:
    <SharePoint:FormComponent TemplateName="WikiMiniConsole" ControlMode="Edit" runat="server"/>

Thanks,
    Qiao Wei

Friday, September 23, 2011 5:42 AM

All replies

• NEVER post the same question to two forums. It just causes duplicate threads and wastes everyone's time.

I've deleted the copy you sent to design/customization

SP 2010 "FAQ" (mainly useful links): http://wssv4faq.mindsharp.com/default.aspx
    WSS3/MOSS FAQ (FAQ and Links) http://wssv3faq.mindsharp.com/default.aspx
    Both also have links to extensive book lists and to (free) on-line chapters
    Wednesday, September 21, 2011 6:59 PM
  • Sorry. I'm new here. Thanks!
    Wednesday, September 21, 2011 7:01 PM
  • Hi Jarrod,

The corresponding content place for wiki toolbar “Edit|History|Incoming Links” is PlaceHolderMiniConsole, the control is
    <SharePoint:FormComponent TemplateName="WikiMiniConsole" ControlMode="Display" runat="server"/>

You can open a wiki page in SharePoint Designer to see whether PlaceHolderMiniConsole exist.

The wiki page is created based on the “wkpstd.aspx” layout which is available under the DocumentTemplates folder of 12 hive, please go to that file “wkpstd.aspx” to see whether the PlaceHolderMiniConsole exist and is correct, like:
    <SharePoint:FormComponent TemplateName="WikiMiniConsole" ControlMode="Edit" runat="server"/>

Thanks,
    Qiao Wei

Friday, September 23, 2011 5:42 AM
  • Thanks!
    Thursday, October 13, 2011 1:00 PM