Your Account has expired RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

This is a Server 2003 Standard environment.  Desktops are running XP PRO.   2 users cannot login and getting the error code "your Account has expired.  Please see your System Administrator".

Is this a GPO issue?  I tried looking into the User Acount Manager (AD Users and Computers) and cannot find the settings.

Thanks for your help.
    Tuesday, December 8, 2009 5:53 AM

Answers

• Hi Ramon,

The "Account expires" setting can be found in AD Users and Computers (ADUC) -> User properties -> Account tab.

Please open the problematic user’s properties in ADUC, then click to the Account tab and change the "Account expires" settings.

Regards,

Bruce

• Marked as answer by Bruce-Liu Wednesday, December 9, 2009 2:40 AM
    Tuesday, December 8, 2009 8:28 AM
  • Dear Ramon ,

Open AD users and Group console , select properties of user , select thh Account Tab, in this tab you will find setting called Account Expires: incress the date to futuer date .

Most likely that you have setup an expiration date for these accounts when that have been created them.
    Hikmat Kanaan Amman-Jordan MCSE
    Tuesday, December 8, 2009 1:14 PM

All replies

• Hello Ramon :

This issue refers to the account policies in the domain , Account Policies are applied to the domain wide and it is the only Group Policy setting that is applied per domain " Per domain unique " so i think you should just check the "Default Domain Group Policy " GPO settings.

Network is my LOVE
    Tuesday, December 8, 2009 8:02 AM
  • Hi Ramon,

The "Account expires" setting can be found in AD Users and Computers (ADUC) -> User properties -> Account tab.

Please open the problematic user’s properties in ADUC, then click to the Account tab and change the "Account expires" settings.

Regards,

Bruce

Tuesday, December 8, 2009 8:28 AM
  • Dear Ramon ,

Open AD users and Group console , select properties of user , select thh Account Tab, in this tab you will find setting called Account Expires: incress the date to futuer date .

Most likely that you have setup an expiration date for these accounts when that have been created them.
    Hikmat Kanaan Amman-Jordan MCSE
    Tuesday, December 8, 2009 1:14 PM
  • Hello Mohammad, Bruce, and Hikmat,

It worked like a charm.  I will eventually find this settings but it is so much faster with your help.  Thank you.

Regards,
    Ramon
    Tuesday, December 8, 2009 2:31 PM
  • Hi Ramon,

Glad to hear the information we provided was useful. If you have more questions in the future, you’re welcomed to this forum.

Regards,

Bruce

Wednesday, December 9, 2009 3:12 AM
  • Hello sir, May I know where can I found the the AD Users and Computers?
    Monday, October 23, 2017 4:21 AM