Skype for Desktop getting uninstall Automatically RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Skype for Desktop is getting uninstall automatically from windows 10 since I moved to OS Build 1709. Previous build was 1703.  If I install it again from, skype will install and again after couple of hours it will uninstall.

A message comes that "Please install Skype from the Microsoft Store for the best experience". I don't want to use Skype for Business I want Skype for Desktop.

Please provide any suggestion how can I fix this. Many user in our origination is facing this issue.  

Friday, April 6, 2018 5:36 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Usually the cause of this is 3rd party updater software. Sometimes this updater software is a feature of your antivirus suite. You could disable the security software to check.

Also you could follow two methods in the link below about Fix ‘Please install Skype from the Windows Store for the best experience’ Error.

https://etechshout.com/fix-please-install-skype-from-windows-store-for-best-experience-error/

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope it will be helpful to you

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 9, 2018 2:30 AM
  • Hi,

Haven't received your message a few days, was your issue resolved?
    I am proposing previous helpful replies as "Answered". Please feel free to try it and let me know the result. If the reply is helpful, please remember to mark it as answer which can help other community members who have same questions and find the helpful reply quickly.
    Best regards,
    Carl

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Saturday, April 14, 2018 9:30 AM
  • Hi,

Any update?

Saturday, April 21, 2018 9:14 AM
  • Hello,

I tried to run the setup in compatibility mode but no luck. Again it get uninstall automatically. Asking me to install it from Windows store.

Regards, Suraj Mane

Monday, April 23, 2018 5:06 AM
  • Hi,

The above method doesn’t work for everyone. Check the steps below

1. Navigate to the folder containing the Skype setup file. Example – pushd C:\Users\Lokesh\Downloads\Programs

2. Now open Elevated Command prompt by opening command prompt as an Administrator

3. Now run the setup file with “/Silent”. Example – C:\Users\lokesh\Downloads\Programs>Skype -8.12.0.2.exe /silent

4. Hit Enter to fix the issue.

Then open the CMD command windows, you could type the command “sfc /scannow” to repair the files.

I install the Sky app works fine. The system version and sky version are displayed below.

If the issue still insists after doing the steps, I suggest that you could install update to update the latest system version.

Hope it will be helpful to you

Monday, April 23, 2018 7:48 AM