I need a recovery cd/dvd for vista ultimate RRS feed

• Question

• how can I down load recovery cd/dvd for vista ultimate

Sunday, April 10, 2011 3:32 PM

Answers

All replies

• Sorry, there is no download available for Windows Vista Ultimate.  If you lost your original Windows Vista Ultimate DVD, please see:

How to Replace Lost, Broken, or Missing Microsoft Software or Hardware

How to replace Microsoft software or hardware, order service packs, and replace product manuals

Carey Frisch
    • Proposed as answer by Sabrina Shen Wednesday, April 13, 2011 6:50 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Tuesday, April 19, 2011 5:14 AM
    Monday, April 11, 2011 1:08 AM
  • Hi,

Please refer Carey’s suggestions to obtain the CD/DVD.

Also, if the system is preinstalled by the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) and the manufacturer did not include Vista disks, there should be a Recovery Partition on your Hard drive.

At the bottom of the splash Screen at startup/power on, there usually is a Key number, F10, or F11, to hit to start Recovery Process, to take it back to factory standards (out of the box).

Another way I have seen on some models is to tap F8, and go to a list of Startup options, and start a factory standards recovery by selecting the Repair computer option. See if a Manual came with the computer, or go to the Manufacturer's website or contact their support for info on how to do a Recovery. Each manufacturer has their own way of doing a Recovery to factory standards.

Regards,

Sabrina

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, April 13, 2011 6:56 AM