Calculated column changes value when edited in Datasheet view RRS feed

• Question

• I am observing very strange behaviour here. Values of calculated columns get changed when particular users edit those items in the datasheet view. If, for example, they edit the items in the item edit form - this does not happen.

The values of these calculated columns change in the following way:

13.55 LTL becomes - 1.355,00 LTL. LTL - Lithuanian currency

These calculated columns are referencing other currency columns and then returning the value in a currency format.

What could be causing this?

• Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Tuesday, August 23, 2011 1:32 PM admin q not general (From:SharePoint - General Question and Answers and Discussion (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Tuesday, August 23, 2011 11:25 AM

Answers

• Hi guys,

I finally nailed down the cause of this issue. It is the SharePoint Permissions Boost 3rd party solution (Ver. 2.3.1215 ). Disabling the solution did not solve the issue, however removing it completely from the farm solved it.

The issue is now resolved.

A.

• Marked as answer by Andrius Mazeika Wednesday, September 14, 2011 10:31 AM
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 10:31 AM

All replies

• Hi Andrius,

What changes did these particular user made to items?

You can do some test:

1. Try to use these account to perform same operation in another computer which can do this correctly.

2. Use an account with same permission to perform same operation.

Thanks,

Pengyu Zhao

• Marked as answer by Wayne Fan Friday, September 2, 2011 2:29 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Andrius Mazeika Wednesday, September 14, 2011 10:31 AM
    Thursday, August 25, 2011 11:42 AM
  • Hi,

It seem that it is changing based on display properties of excel cells.

Thanks, Rahul Rashu
    Thursday, August 25, 2011 12:59 PM
  • Hi guys,

I finally nailed down the cause of this issue. It is the SharePoint Permissions Boost 3rd party solution (Ver. 2.3.1215 ). Disabling the solution did not solve the issue, however removing it completely from the farm solved it.

The issue is now resolved.

A.

• Marked as answer by Andrius Mazeika Wednesday, September 14, 2011 10:31 AM
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 10:31 AM