CCE 2.0 Edge Server and external DNS question. RRS feed

• Question

• I have an HA for CCE 2.0 in one site. Which means I have two edge Servers. 

I have created an external DNS entry for EDGE server: msedgepool.contoso.com

I have  msedgepool.contoso.com Nat to one of to one the Edge Server.

example: msedgepool.contoso.com ==> EdgeServer1

Do I need to create another A record for msedgepool.contoso.com pointing to edgeserver2.

How will edge handle incoming request from outside the network and routed to edgeServer2.

John

Wednesday, May 23, 2018 6:12 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Based on my understanding, you need to create another A record for msedgepool.contoso.com pointing to edgeserver2.

I will share a document about deploying CCE high availability for a single site:
    https://www.mind-blogging.com/single-post/2016/08/06/Deploying-Skype-for-Business-Cloud-Connector-Edition-Single-PSTN-Site-with-HA-part-1

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Best Regards,
    Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Friday, May 25, 2018 7:44 AM
    Thursday, May 24, 2018 9:29 AM
  • Hi,

Are there any update for this issue, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who has similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 10:09 AM
  • Hi ,

Do you have some updates? If the reply help to you ,please mark the reply as answer.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Thursday, June 7, 2018 10:08 AM