RelayState and ADFS 2016 Tp5 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Is relay state parameter enabled by default in ADFS 2016 or do we have to go down the same lane as in 2012 R2 and ADFS 2.0 to enable the "RelayState parameter" in the relevant config files

Tuesday, September 13, 2016 10:47 AM

Answers

All replies

• Believe so. Note that the IdpInitiatedSignon page is disabled by default. You have to enable it with Set-ADFSProperties.

Note: Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

Tuesday, September 13, 2016 3:54 PM
  • If I do this

Set-ADFSProperties -EnableRelayStateForIDPInitiatedSignon $true

Would it work, instead of manually inserting the value in the config file

Wednesday, September 14, 2016 7:54 AM
  • Yes. No longer need to modify the config file. The documentation for ADFS 2016 will be updated soon to indicate this.

Note: Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

Wednesday, September 14, 2016 6:42 PM
  • It does not work on 2016 while you still have 2012 as primary.... :-(

I have added my 2016 in the farm, but until I switch the 2016 to primary they do not process RelayState initiated trusts...

I guess I will have to do it at same time as the capturing of the primary role to 2016.

Which I could of test it before.

Thursday, September 27, 2018 1:40 PM