Problem with the MSVCR90.dll library RRS feed

Answers

• > search for MSVCR90.dll. Copy the same to C:\Programmi\File comuni\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE14\

Not this simple. unfortunately the VC2008 runtime DLLs need to be installed in some special way (aka SxS).

If reinstall of the runtime does not fix this, maybe the SxS is broken on OP's machine. Or something else. SxS is complicated => fragile. In VC2010 they returned back to the normal DLL model.

Also maybe the application is explicitly bound to specific older runtime version.

The OP can try to install a local copy of the runtime as described here, but this is quite a chore.

-- pa

Thursday, March 28, 2013 12:46 PM

All replies

• Install this.

Let those who always tests their software perfectly before shipping to throw the first stone...

-- pa

I installed Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package MFC Security Update but my software still does not work. How come?

Thanks

Bye

Balubeto

Sunday, March 24, 2013 6:40 PM
  • Define "does not work", please?

-- pa

That is, I installed Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package MFC Security Update but, when I install Real-Life Photoshop Workflows, the following message is always displayed:

Executable 'D:\start.exe' had the follow unrecoverable error:
     Couldn`t find library MSVCR90.dll (required by C:\Programmi\File comuni\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE14\MSOXMLMF.DLL)
     Please ensure that it is installed.

How come?

Thanks

Bye

Balubeto

Monday, March 25, 2013 9:06 AM
  • Define "does not work", please?

-- pa

That is, I installed Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package MFC Security Update but, when I install Real-Life Photoshop Workflows, the following message is always displayed:

Executable 'D:\start.exe' had the follow unrecoverable error:
     Couldn`t find library MSVCR90.dll (required by C:\Programmi\File comuni\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE14\MSOXMLMF.DLL)
     Please ensure that it is installed.

How come?

Thanks

Bye

Balubeto

Have you are installed Redistributable Package correctly? If the issue persists yet ,then search for MSVCR90.dll. Copy the same to C:\Programmi\File comuni\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE14\

Thanks, Renjith V R

Thursday, March 28, 2013 4:54 AM