Registry Keyboard response RRS feed

• Question

• I just want someone to help me explaining what those keys do?

and if there's other settings I can edit to make the keyboard faster

Last BounceKey Setting :

Last Valid Delay : 

Last Valid Repeat : 

Last Valid Wait :

Thanks in advance!

Tuesday, November 14, 2017 3:14 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You could set the setting quickly through Control Panel -> Ease of Access -> Ease of Access Center -> Make the keyboard easier to use -> Set up Filter Keys -> Filter options.

Last BounceKey Setting : In Filter options, if you check Turn on Bounce Keys, the Last BounceKey Setting Data will be the How long should the computer wait before accepting keystrokes setting time. If you check Turn on Repeat Keys and Slow Keys, the How long should the computer wait before accepting keystrokes setting time will change to 0.5 seconds, but the data Last BounceKey Setting will still be 1.5 seconds, it saves the setting time that you apply last time. Here are some screenshots.

1. Set it to 1 seconds.

2. Set it to 1.5 seconds.

3. Check Turn on Repeat Keys and Slow Keys.

Check Turn on Repeat Keys and Slow Keys, and choose Set up Repeats Keys and Slow Keys, check Show down keyboard repeat rates,

Last Valid Wait : Avoid accidental keystrokes setting time .

If you check Ignore all repeated keystrokes. In Registry, the data of Last Valid Delay and Last Valid Repeat will be 0.

If you check Slow down keyboard repeat rates, Last Valid Delay is the How long should the computer wait before accepting the first repeated keystrokes setting time, Last Valid Repeat is How long should the computer wait before accepting subsequent repeated keystrokes setting time.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Vera Hu Thursday, November 16, 2017 1:16 AM
    • Marked as answer by MustafaMuhammad Thursday, November 16, 2017 1:51 PM
    Wednesday, November 15, 2017 3:16 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You could set the setting quickly through Control Panel -> Ease of Access -> Ease of Access Center -> Make the keyboard easier to use -> Set up Filter Keys -> Filter options.

Last BounceKey Setting : In Filter options, if you check Turn on Bounce Keys, the Last BounceKey Setting Data will be the How long should the computer wait before accepting keystrokes setting time. If you check Turn on Repeat Keys and Slow Keys, the How long should the computer wait before accepting keystrokes setting time will change to 0.5 seconds, but the data Last BounceKey Setting will still be 1.5 seconds, it saves the setting time that you apply last time. Here are some screenshots.

1. Set it to 1 seconds.

2. Set it to 1.5 seconds.

3. Check Turn on Repeat Keys and Slow Keys.

Check Turn on Repeat Keys and Slow Keys, and choose Set up Repeats Keys and Slow Keys, check Show down keyboard repeat rates,

Last Valid Wait : Avoid accidental keystrokes setting time .

If you check Ignore all repeated keystrokes. In Registry, the data of Last Valid Delay and Last Valid Repeat will be 0.

If you check Slow down keyboard repeat rates, Last Valid Delay is the How long should the computer wait before accepting the first repeated keystrokes setting time, Last Valid Repeat is How long should the computer wait before accepting subsequent repeated keystrokes setting time.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Vera Hu Thursday, November 16, 2017 1:16 AM
    • Marked as answer by MustafaMuhammad Thursday, November 16, 2017 1:51 PM
    Wednesday, November 15, 2017 3:16 AM
  • Thanks for explaining,

I have edited these to mostly make my keyboard Hyper fast, because at the place I came from the speed is the most important, I got normal office keyboard but others mostly got Gaming or mechanical keyboards.

so I try to make my keyboard nearby the same speed/response as they have.

I know there is a lot of experienced members here so If I can edit other keys or registry keys to make my keyboard faster can you please mention them down here? I wanna make it as fast as possible it can reach, and controlable so I don't want to make "autorepeatdelay" 1, because then it is uncontrolable.

Thanks in advanced.

Autorepeatdelay : 120

Autorepeatrate : 1

BounceTime: 0

DelayBeforeAcceptance : 0

Flags : 27

Last BounceKey Setting : 0

Last Valid Delay : 0 

Last Valid Repeat : 0

Last Valid Wait : 0

InitialKeyboardIndicators : 0

KeyboardDelay : 0 

KeyboardSpeed : 80

I was trying to provide screenshot but I couldn't so I had to write my settings like that, I am sorry.

Thursday, November 16, 2017 1:52 PM