Active Directory Synchronization RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

We are working on a new EPM and Sharepoint 2010 farm with Claims Authentication.

When we are trying to activiate the resourcepool synchronization in EPM nothing happens. In the EPMqueue the job gets 100% done with no error. In the server log and the ULSlog we gete the following error (unfortunatly in swedish):

Standard Information:PSI-startadress: Project-användare: i:0#.w|ourdomain\ouruser Korrelations-ID: c56254b6-c1be-46e8-b0e5-73366c9cf3e8 URL till PWA-plats:

http://pwasite.com SSP-namn: Project Server Service PS-fel: NoError (0) A general exception occurred during communication with Active Directory. Context: ValidateAdSyncUserProperties. Additional Information: AD Schema property not found: "SPO-WindowsLiveNetId". Exception Info: (null)

Translated it looks something like this:

Standard Information:PSI-startadress: Project-user: i:0#.w|ourdomain\ouruser Correlations-ID: c56254b6-c1be-46e8-b0e5-73366c9cf3e8 URL to PWA-site:

http://pwasite.com SSP-name: Project Server Service PS-error: NoError (0) A general exception occurred during communication with Active Directory. Context: ValidateAdSyncUserProperties. Additional Information: AD Schema property not found: "SPO-WindowsLiveNetId". Exception Info: (null)

We are using Exchange 2003 in our domain. What we can see the windowsliveNetID is some property in the active directory that is set when you activate the users in a later exchangeversion.

What can we do to get the synchronization running?

Kind regards

/Mårten

Monday, February 21, 2011 12:48 PM

Answers

• Hi! I can confirm all of that. The ports are open and the account have the correct permission in our domain. Kind regards! /Mårten
    Monday, February 21, 2011 4:12 PM

All replies

• Hi!

We are working on a new EPM and Sharepoint 2010 farm with Claims Authentication.

When we are trying to activiate the resourcepool synchronization in EPM nothing happens. In the EPMqueue the job gets 100% done with no error. In the server log and the ULSlog we gete the following error (unfortunatly in swedish):

Standard Information:PSI-startadress: Project-användare: i:0#.w|ourdomain\ouruser Korrelations-ID: c56254b6-c1be-46e8-b0e5-73366c9cf3e8 URL till PWA-plats:

http://pwasite.com SSP-namn: Project Server Service PS-fel: NoError (0) A general exception occurred during communication with Active Directory. Context: ValidateAdSyncUserProperties. Additional Information: AD Schema property not found: "SPO-WindowsLiveNetId". Exception Info: (null)

Translated it looks something like this:

Standard Information:PSI-startadress: Project-user: i:0#.w|ourdomain\ouruser Correlations-ID: c56254b6-c1be-46e8-b0e5-73366c9cf3e8 URL to PWA-site:

http://pwasite.com SSP-name: Project Server Service PS-error: NoError (0) A general exception occurred during communication with Active Directory. Context: ValidateAdSyncUserProperties. Additional Information: AD Schema property not found: "SPO-WindowsLiveNetId". Exception Info: (null)

We are using Exchange 2003 in our domain. What we can see the windowsliveNetID is some property in the active directory that is set when you activate the users in a later exchangeversion.

What can we do to get the synchronization running?

Kind regards

/Mårten

• Merged by Alexander.Burton Tuesday, February 22, 2011 10:42 AM Duplicate - merging
    Monday, February 21, 2011 12:49 PM
  • Couple of things, you might want to check

• Verify that the service account that is used by Project Server application server is a domain account that has read access to Active Directory.
  • Verify that the ports are open between the Active Directory store and the Project Server application server
    1. 389/UDP – LDAP: LDAP is the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol that provides a standard way to access directory services. LDAP is the primary protocol that is used to access an Active Directory store.
    2. 636/TCP – LDAP over SSL: When Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) is enabled, the LDAP data that is transmitted and received is encrypted.
    3. 3268/TCP – Microsoft global catalog: Active Directory global catalogs listen on this port.
    4. 3269/TCP – Microsoft global catalog with LDAP/SSL: Microsoft global catalog SSL connections listen on this port
  • Verify that at least one Active Directory group exists in the Active Directory store with the same Active Directory GUID that is stored in the Project Server application server

• Thanks | Sunil Kr Singh | http://epmxperts.wordpress.com
Monday, February 21, 2011 1:09 PM
  • Hi! I can confirm all of that. The ports are open and the account have the correct permission in our domain. Kind regards! /Mårten
    Monday, February 21, 2011 4:12 PM
  • Marten:

It looks like maybe you have exhausted the possibilities here, so I suggest that you open a case with Microsoft if you still need to resolve this issue. For now, I am closing the thread. Please re-open it if you want to keep it going.

Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG
    Tuesday, March 1, 2011 3:13 AM