none
DPM 2012 - 200+ laptops need to be re-registered with the server RRS feed

• Question

• Had a DPM 2010 server backing up our laptops. Server crashed last week

All data was GONE since it was an HP MSA60 SAS device (no way to manage except through Disk Management)

So, when we rebuilt the server we just went ahead and upgraded it from DPM 2010 to DPM 2012. 

So, we have used our SCCM server to create packages and advertisements to uninstall 2010 and install the new 2012 Agent. Now our SCCM server is having some issues and I cannot use it.

I am unable to get the DPM server to push out agents from the console. We have some weird stuff on our network (part of the way they wanted it designed) so I am not going to spend a lot of time trying to get DPM to push this out. This is why we were using SCCM 2007 SP2. Things were working ok until it crapped out (database issues right now).

All that aside, even the DPM server, how do I REMOTELY install DPM 2012 Agent? Then how do I REMOTELY make it re-register with the server? Here is the script we put in a .bat file: 

cd "c:\program files\microsoft data protection manager\dpm\bin"
    c:
    net stop mpssvc
    "setdpmserver.exe" -dpmservername pzustnfrdp002
    net start mpssvc

This works but it requires one of us with ELEVATED rights (because of the UAC we have in place as part of our security) to remote in to each machine or physically sit there. I need this done without any user intervention or me booting them off. It needs to be ran in the background.

Suggestions? Work-arounds? Any help would be appreciated

Thursday, October 24, 2013 7:02 PM