Handling KPI values and their Percentages in cummulative RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have two measure, Gross Margin and Gross Margin %. I am calculating Gross Margin Value and % for each month and displaying in scorecard. Under Cumulative column in dashboard I want to display Sum of Gross margin for all months and Average of Gross Margin %. How to achieve this?

Measure                                           August                                    July
                                                Cummulative    Actual           Cummulative Actual
    Gross Margin                              300              180                 120              120
    Gross Margin %                           20                30                   10                10

Tuesday, August 11, 2009 5:40 AM

All replies

• RV,
      Here is one way to achieve what you are trying to do:

Step A. Create the KPI
      1. Add a New KPI in by clicking the "New KPI" under KPIs in the Workspace Browser. Let's call it MyKPI
      2. Map the data source for the Actual and Target columns for period 1 (July, in your example above). Use the data source with MDX time filter formula of "Month-1" for July, depending on how you have time intelligence set up in your cube.
      3. Map the data source for the Actual and Target columns for period 2 (August, in your example above). Use the data source with MDX time filter formula of "Month" for August, depending on how you have time intelligence set up in your cube.
      4. Add a "New Target" and name it "Cumulative". Use the data source with MDX time filter formula of "Month:Month-1" for July and August, depending on how you have time intelligence set up in your cube. May sure you select "Default" for the Calculation of this field in the KPI.

Step B. Publish the KPI but clicking on "Publish Item" in the Home tab.

Step C. Create a scorecard and use MyKPI in it.

Tuesday, August 11, 2009 6:24 PM