Need to forward emails in users inbox to a specific address RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I have been asked a question by my customer.

They need emails to be forwarded from particular date range to a specific email address on about 7 users inboxes. Ideally we would like this to be something that can be done in one go on each users inbox rather than havng to do this manually.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated, I've done some searching on the Internet but not been successful.

Monday, September 11, 2017 10:37 AM

All replies

• Hi dcampbell76,

>> They need emails to be forwarded from particular date range to a specific email address on about 7 users inboxes. 

By this, do you mean there are 7 users who want to forward emails within a particular date span from their inbox to a specific recipient?

If this is the case, you may try using the rule below on each user's inbox:

1. Select the inbox folder, go to Home > Rules > Manage Rules & Alerts...
    2. Select Apply rule on messages I receive, Next.
    3. Choose received in a specific date span, click on the underlined blue text, specify the date range as you like, click Next:

4. Choose forward it to people or public group, specify the email address of the recipient, Next, Next:

5. Tick the checkbox of Run this rule now on messages already in "Inbox", click Finish, Apply:

Hope my clarification is clear and helpful. Please feel free to let me know if you need further explanation on this. 

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 12, 2017 2:52 AM
  • Hi dcampbell76,

Just checked in to see if there is anything else I can do for you on this issue. If the above information is helpful, could you please help mark it as answer then others who have a similar query can more easily find the useful one? 

If you have further concerns on this, please post back at ease.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 22, 2017 9:33 AM
  • Hi Yuki,

Thanks for this I've been away from the office I will try this on one of the users and let you know if this has worked.

Regards

Daniel

Wednesday, September 27, 2017 3:48 PM
  • Hi Daniel,

Just feel free to post back with any updates at your convenience :)

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Friday, September 29, 2017 2:53 AM