HOTFIX to WINDOWS UPDATE Patch RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, wondering if someone can help with this hotfix to windows update query..

There was a windows bug (kb2754804) - basically a firewall problem affecting java applications performing FTP actions. 
    Oracle had the bug, investigated, passed it on to microsoft, who acknowledged this was a bug, and provided a HOTFIX. 
    All good. 
    This was in 2012. 
    The details in the kb article implied this would make it to a software update ("...we recommend that you wait for the next software update that contains this hotfix.").

Because i'd rather not force my customers to manually perform a hotfix install, it would be nice if this hotfix were available as a windows update (plus in some cases my customers, as individuals, dont have access to perform manual installs to their PCs, hence only standard windows updates are allowed).

SO, because the issue is almost 3 years old, and because microsoft acknowledged it was their problem, i would have thought this would have been patched to a windows update by now (whatever the correct terminology is).

From my dealings with microsoft online support (answer desk), it SEEMS that this is not the case... 

Does anyone know how I can chase this up:
    1) The general hotfix to windows update process
    2) How can one request for a hotfix to be included in normal windows update

Thanking you,

Frank

Friday, March 27, 2015 10:38 PM

Answers

• Hi Frank ,

A hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in the article,it may be only used for specific people .An update is released for widely people who will come across the similar symptom,so it may not be included in the updates Patch.
    Here is a link for reference windows update standard terminology :
    Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
    http://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/824684

In a domain environment ,as a work around ,we can configure a WSUS server and download the hotfix to the server to deploy this hotfix .

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Deason Wu Thursday, April 9, 2015 2:01 AM
    • Marked as answer by Deason Wu Friday, April 10, 2015 1:14 AM
    Monday, March 30, 2015 7:32 AM