Hide Information in PPS Dashboard Designer RRS feed

• Question

•  

Is it possibe to prevent the information bar from coming up in PPS dashboard designer? I get the blue informational bar that I can close out(by clicking the "X").

Thanks

Thursday, May 1, 2008 7:07 PM

Answers

• The informational bar is always shown by default in dashboard designer when designing analytic charts/grids. It is not shown when those views are published to Sharepoint.  What is the use case for wanting to hide it in the designer so that I can accurately reflect that in our feature tracking log.

Thanks,

Alyson

Wednesday, May 7, 2008 2:10 PM
  • Actually, I stand corrected, we did fix this issue in a recent QFE - sorry for the incorrect information.  You need:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957166

Thanks,

Alyson

Thursday, October 30, 2008 7:23 PM

All replies

• The informational bar is always shown by default in dashboard designer when designing analytic charts/grids. It is not shown when those views are published to Sharepoint.  What is the use case for wanting to hide it in the designer so that I can accurately reflect that in our feature tracking log.

Thanks,

Alyson

Wednesday, May 7, 2008 2:10 PM
  • Hi Alyson,

I am sorry to say but the Information bar also comes up when we publish the views to sharepoint. There is no problem in having information bar in DD but it should not be shown in the sharepoint as it screws the sizing of zones and introduce scrollbar, which is not desired.

Hope to get this fixed in next version!

Regards,

Rohit Kapoor

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 6:50 AM
  • This is my issue also. It shows up sometimes. If you refresh 5 times it might be there 2 out of the 5 times.

Thursday, May 29, 2008 3:10 PM
  • I have the same problem. Anyone got a fix/workaround for this?

Monday, July 28, 2008 12:22 PM
  •  

Hi,

evn i ve te same problem is tere ne dolution 4 tis????

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 6:49 AM
  • Alyson,

I think there is a use case.  When creating a report using MDX and parameters in the WHERE clause, the Information always appears as "No Background Selections Exist".  This information provides no utility to the end-user and convolutes the report.

I would suggest having an option to change the default for Show or Hide Information.

Thanks!

Reuben

Monday, October 27, 2008 5:21 PM
  • Thanks for all the feedback on this.  There is an issue with v1 where the info bar will display by default occasionally.  We are looking to address this in a future release.

Thanks,

Alyson

Monday, October 27, 2008 6:23 PM
  • Actually, I stand corrected, we did fix this issue in a recent QFE - sorry for the incorrect information.  You need:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957166

Thanks,

Alyson

Thursday, October 30, 2008 7:23 PM
  • Hi Alyson,

We installed this hotfix in order to correct the "Information bar" problem that keeps appearing on the dashboards but in vain.

We are still facing the problem. Do we need to re-deploy etc after installation?

Do we have any alternative way of removin these?

Thanks

Monday, November 10, 2008 2:23 AM
  • No alternate way of removing these - sorry.  You could try a redeploy or a re-publish of the report, beyond that, I don't have any recommendations.

Sorry,

Alyson

Monday, November 10, 2008 5:53 PM
  • Thanks Alyson. I did try re-publish but it doesn remove the bars.

Has anyone been successful in removing these information bars?? Pls. do let me know

Monday, November 10, 2008 6:28 PM