none
By adding fiel list "capacity" in Data Analysis every existing project is shown up RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everybody,

everytime once I add the fiel list "capacity" in value column in Data Analysis every existing project is shown up instead of showing up only these project which the resources who are selected are assigned to. If  just fiel lists without capacity are added like adding fiel list "work" to the value column field, only those projects displays in which the partical resources are assigned to. It is really user-unfriendly if I see a long long list per resource once I add field "capacity". I investigate but I have not found a solution. Please help me!

Best regards 

Wednesday, February 9, 2011 3:46 PM

Answers

• Hi,

it will increase at the moment you are adding ressource information like capacity. There is a technical reason, and you will not be able to get this resolved. As long as you are only looking at project and task information, the list will be short. If you add resources, all projects will be listed.

Regards
    Barbara

• Marked as answer by GU060882 Tuesday, February 22, 2011 11:14 AM
    Tuesday, February 22, 2011 9:55 AM

All replies

• Hi,

sorry, you will not find a solution. As long as you only use fields on project/task level, you will only see projects to which selected resources are assigned. If you add resource information like capacity, this list is increased to all projects, since you look at the cube using another "slice".

Regards
    Barbara

Friday, February 11, 2011 9:52 AM
  • Are you discussing 2007?  Perhaps you may have more luck with another cube, like one of the Assignment Timephased cubes?

Andrew Lavinsky [MVP] Twitter: @alavinsky
    Monday, February 14, 2011 3:34 AM
  • Hi,

I tried with every cube but the project list is still increasing.

Please give me a shout if you have any further suggestions.

Regards,

Gökhan Ugurlu

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 9:37 AM
  • Hi,

I tried with every cube but the project list is still increasing.

Please give me a shout if you have any further suggestions.

Regards,

Gökhan Ugurlu

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 9:37 AM
  • Hi,

it will increase at the moment you are adding ressource information like capacity. There is a technical reason, and you will not be able to get this resolved. As long as you are only looking at project and task information, the list will be short. If you add resources, all projects will be listed.

Regards
    Barbara

• Marked as answer by GU060882 Tuesday, February 22, 2011 11:14 AM
    Tuesday, February 22, 2011 9:55 AM
  • Hi,

thanks a lot anyway for the quick reply. That would really make our Data Analysis much more userfriendly.

Can you avoid this with MOPS 2010??

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 11:27 AM
  • Hi,

there are a lot of reasons for upgrading, but this is none of them. It's no restriction of Project Server, but of cubes in general. The only solution I can think of, is creating a report with Reporting Services.

Sorry
    Barbara

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 12:31 PM