none
PowerShell MA: how do I get the changes to a multivalued reference attribute during export? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to connect MIM 2016 SP1 to a 3rd party application by using the PowerShell MA. I've successfully gotten it to import the existing list of users and groups in the app and join them to the metaverse as well as export a new user from MIM to the app. However, now I'm trying to build the export for groups and I'm not sure how to proceed. I have the metaverse group member attribute set to flow to the PowerShell group member attribute. When the membership of the group changes in MIM an export is staged. In the synchronization service GUI I can see that its going to send the new member as an "add" change and that's confirmed by looking at the export log.

The problem is that my PowerShell script never sees the change. What I mean is that during the export the CSEntryChange object has the right ID for the group that needs to be changed and the modification type is set to Update but the AttributeChanges and the ChangedAttributeNames collections are both empty. So where do I get the membership change from? I've tried changing the MA parameters from AttributeUpdate to AttributeReplace with no change in behavior.

I figure I must be missing something simple, but I'm not sure what. I've been searching for a couple days now with nothing that really points me in the right direction. Any help anyone can provide is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Thursday, March 14, 2019 3:22 PM

All replies

• Hi,

If you can post your Export.ps1 PowerShell script, maybe we can analyze it and help you.

If you see the change in Pending Exports, it should be included in the ChangeAttributeNames (member?) in the export to the PS agent aswell.

Br,

Leo

Did my post help? Please use "Mark as answer" or "Propose as answer". Thank you!

Monday, March 18, 2019 10:09 AM
  • Thanks for replying Leo. Over the weekend I discovered the open source Powershell MA on GitHub and was able to get to a final solution from there. Don't know why the MS one wouldn't work but at least there was another way! Again, thanks for your willingness to help,

Brian

Tuesday, March 19, 2019 7:02 PM
  • Hi,

Glad you solved it. Is it the Granfeldt Powershell MA you're using?

Or the examples by my colleague Andreas Kjellman?

https://github.com/Microsoft/MIMPowerShellConnectors

Br,

Leo

Did my post help? Please use "Mark as answer" or "Propose as answer". Thank you!

Wednesday, March 20, 2019 7:26 AM