FireFox 3.6.6 is running in the task manager but there is no FireFox desktop window, can this be fixed? RRS feed

• Question

• FireFox 3.6.6 is running in the task manager but there is no desktop FireFox window. I have tried killing the process an restarting FireFox that dint work. Other possable solutions i have tried is deleting the default FireFox profile an creating a new one. Un-installing FireFox an Re-installing FireFox. I have tried Re-installing older versions of FireFox. I have used Glary-Utilities an CCleaner to check an fix found registry errors. I have also used several different anti-virus applications to look for a trojan or virus which none where found.

If someone could please help me with this i would appreciate this.

Thnx.

This is on Windows 7 64 bit. 4 gigs ram, intel core 2 duo@2.4 ghrz., ATi tech HD 256mgs ram.

Thursday, July 1, 2010 6:12 PM

Answers

•  

Hi,

To uninstall FireFox completely, I suggest you restart the machine in Safe Mode and please refer to the following article:

Uninstalling Firefox

Note: The third-party product discussed here is manufactured by a company that is independent of Microsoft. We make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability.

Meanwhile, please switch to Processes tab in Task Manager and kill the FireFox process to check the result.

Thanks,

Novak

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Novak Wu Monday, July 5, 2010 1:42 AM
    Friday, July 2, 2010 2:44 AM