SharePoint list NewForm is not loaded - portal.js is missing is in View Source on client side RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, all,

I have a user who cannot see the list form in NewForm.aspx (but the master page is loaded perfectly). The user is a contributor to this list. After comparing his HTML View Source and mine, I found that his portal.js is missing in the javascript library call. Checked his scripting setting in browser, they are all set to Enable.

Anyone could tell me what causes his problem? Any hint is very much appreciated.

EW
    • Edited by EW868 Friday, October 7, 2011 2:00 PM
    Friday, October 7, 2011 1:59 PM

Answers

• I finally found the answer. In the NewForm.aspx, we used jQuery that refers to Google API javascript library. This user is under our company surf control; so his computer does not have Internet access. The network blocked javascript library to download. Once I changed jQuery to local, it works perfectly.
    EW
    • Marked as answer by EW868 Tuesday, October 11, 2011 7:26 PM
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 7:26 PM

All replies

• Hi EW,

Does the issue exist if the user logon another machine?

This problem may have something to do with your IE.

You can try to delete all the cache files and then reset the IE. Then you can check if this issue go away.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Pengyu Zhao

Tuesday, October 11, 2011 9:07 AM
  • Thanks a lot for your reply!

You mentioned a valuable point. I log in as him in my computer, and I can't see that list neither. The page got a javascript error: object does not support this property or method. I think that is from the missing portal.js when IE7 loads the page.

The issue looks like related to the user's credentials. The group is very simple, and he is a member of that group(Contributor). Can't figure out why.

------------

Updates: it might not be his credential issue. I set him as Owner of that site, he is still not seeing the list on NewForm.aspx. Any way, portal.js is missing only for him.

EW

EW

• Edited by EW868 Tuesday, October 11, 2011 2:48 PM
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 1:57 PM
  • I finally found the answer. In the NewForm.aspx, we used jQuery that refers to Google API javascript library. This user is under our company surf control; so his computer does not have Internet access. The network blocked javascript library to download. Once I changed jQuery to local, it works perfectly.
    EW
    • Marked as answer by EW868 Tuesday, October 11, 2011 7:26 PM
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 7:26 PM