none
Non visible column RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I was to create my view via MSP Server and couldn't find a column I needed. I assume the colum should be visible in Enterprise Custom Fields and Lookup Tables, but it isn't. Where can I find it?

Regards

Friday, May 16, 2014 10:08 AM

Answers

• Evenif I don't think that you can unpublish task via PWA, I don't have a 2010 instance to test it, but it is quite straightforward to test.

In manage views, open a project view (not a project center view), check if the "publish" column is available. If not, it means that I was remembering well and it is not possible.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MCP, MCTS |

• Marked as answer by vehivou Friday, May 16, 2014 12:37 PM
    Friday, May 16, 2014 12:06 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Which version of project server are you using?

Have you first created the enterprise custom field linked to a lookup table in PWA/server settings?

How do you proceed to create the view?

Is it an enterprise view that you want to create of all users? Is it a view in PWA or MS Project?

Hope this helps,

Friday, May 16, 2014 10:55 AM
  • vehivou --

In addition to the questions asked already by Guillaume, how about telling us the name of the column you want to use?  Please let us know and we will try to help.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Friday, May 16, 2014 11:12 AM
  • Hi,

It is 2010 wersion. The field was created via server (I think - it wasn't me who did it).

To create the view I start with Server Settings -> Manage Vievs -> New view, and my column just isn't there.

What I want to do is to create a view, where I can chose which task to unpublish (I need this exact column - publish).

I know now it is somehow related to option Close Task to Update - and it makes the task unvisible to resources, but I also need to change column value Publish to No, but it isn't changing when I close any task to update.

Regards

Kinga

Friday, May 16, 2014 11:14 AM
  • Hi,

You're mixing up things. Close to update and "publish" column are 2 different features. 

Close to update allows a project manager to prevent users doing tasks updates on a certain number of tasks. Reference. It is a feature available in Server settings.

Settings the publish value to no for tasks will prevent users from seeing those tasks in PWA. Reference. It has to be done in the project plan.

Finally concerning your view, when you create a new view, you have to first choose the type : project, project center, resource assignment, timesheet... Depending on the type you choose, you'll see different fields. If you want to see the publish column, then you have to create a project view.

Hope this helps,

Friday, May 16, 2014 11:21 AM
  • Settings the publish value to no for tasks will prevent users from seeing those tasks in PWA. It has to be done in the project plan.

Hi,

All right so it is impossible to unpublish a task via server?

Regards

Friday, May 16, 2014 11:27 AM
  • Evenif I don't think that you can unpublish task via PWA, I don't have a 2010 instance to test it, but it is quite straightforward to test.

In manage views, open a project view (not a project center view), check if the "publish" column is available. If not, it means that I was remembering well and it is not possible.

Hope this helps,

• Marked as answer by vehivou Friday, May 16, 2014 12:37 PM
    Friday, May 16, 2014 12:06 PM
  • Thanks for your help, Guillaume :)
    Friday, May 16, 2014 12:10 PM
  • You're more than welcome!

If any reply was helpful to you, please mark it as an answer so users with similar concern can refer to it.

Hope this helps,

Friday, May 16, 2014 12:15 PM