win8 super slow RRS feed

• Question

• this are my specs.

my pc takes a long time to start and as soon as i log in it takes even longer to be able just to start enjoying anything from explorer, games or simple tasks as switch a browser or an aplicattion, after a couple minutes it starts to work properly but still if i try to acess a 2nd HDD the explorer freses for a good 30secs at least, its the 2nd time that i install win 8 (clean install) and i coud never runn it properly, any help in my case will be apreciate.

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 2:50 PM

All replies

• on Which HDD do you have Windows8 installed?

Are the SMART values fine for all HDDs?

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 8:32 PM
    Answerer
  • on Which HDD do you have Windows8 installed?

Are the SMART values fine for all HDDs?

i have the Windows installed in the 160GB, its only for Windows and S.M.A.R.T values are fine on them all, still this is the only version of Windows that gives problems.

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 8:35 PM
  • this is an IDE HDD, so install Windows 8 to a SATA HDD and enable AHCI to get the best performance.

Thursday, August 23, 2012 8:31 AM
    Answerer
  • this is an IDE HDD, so install Windows 8 to a SATA HDD and enable AHCI to get the best performance.

its going to be my next step, someone told me that it coud be also from the nox urano ll that im using it only has 530W 17A/18A, going to change it anyway to do a crossfire so ill let you know what append
    Friday, August 24, 2012 2:08 PM
  • Hi,

Any update? Have you tried to examine the disk performance?

Juke Chou

TechNet Community Support

Sunday, August 26, 2012 12:39 PM