What is the KB article for .net 4.6? RRS feed

• Question

• Does anyone know what KB article to block for .net 4.6?  I cannot find what KB this is. I have found 4.6.1, but still need to block .net 4.6.   

Thanks. 

Monday, May 2, 2016 3:06 PM

Answers

• Hi scottylat,

During my research, I didn't find the KB to block .NET 4.6 either.

While according to other KBs (block .net 4.6.1), I found the way to block the .net framework is to create the registry key BlockNetFramework4xx.

We may try if this method could apply to .net 4.6 too:

1. Start Registry Editor. To do this, click Start, type regedit in the Start Search box, and then press Enter.

2. Locate and click the following subkey:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP

3. After you select this subkey, point to New on the Edit menu, and then click Key.

4. Type WU, and then press Enter.

5. Right-click WU, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.

6. Type BlockNetFramework46 (Or maybe BlockNetFramework460), and then press Enter.

7. Right-click BlockNetFramework46(0), and then click Modify.

8. In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.

Note: before modifying the registry key, please backup your system for security considerations, also ensure that there are no applications need to use .net framework.

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 3, 2016 6:14 AM

All replies

• this?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3045557

Best Sam ------------------------------------------------ Please mark as answered if this solves your issue

Monday, May 2, 2016 9:56 PM
  • Hi scottylat,

During my research, I didn't find the KB to block .NET 4.6 either.

While according to other KBs (block .net 4.6.1), I found the way to block the .net framework is to create the registry key BlockNetFramework4xx.

We may try if this method could apply to .net 4.6 too:

1. Start Registry Editor. To do this, click Start, type regedit in the Start Search box, and then press Enter.

2. Locate and click the following subkey:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP

3. After you select this subkey, point to New on the Edit menu, and then click Key.

4. Type WU, and then press Enter.

5. Right-click WU, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.

6. Type BlockNetFramework46 (Or maybe BlockNetFramework460), and then press Enter.

7. Right-click BlockNetFramework46(0), and then click Modify.

8. In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.

Note: before modifying the registry key, please backup your system for security considerations, also ensure that there are no applications need to use .net framework.

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 3, 2016 6:14 AM