MS Forefront Security engine flagged some Sharepoint DB’s to VirusStatus=1 and was causing anException from HRESULT: 0x80041050 error. RRS feed

• Question

• Greetings!

Hi All,

There was an issue with one of the site which became unavailable due to a bug in Forefront that it detects a virus in a SharePoint site when there really isn’t one.  It flags the site as infected when it really isn’t and prevents further access to the site. Its tagging one of the application pages(default.master ) as having an issue (i.e containing virus or corrupted).

My Query: Whats the cause for this problem. Is it SharePoint Level antivirus or Operating system level antiviurs?

Is there any permanent solution or any hotfix. I am looking for your open suggestions. Please find below the server details.

SERVER DETAILS

• windows 2003 server
    • moss 2007 sp2 application
    • antivirus  sharpoint level : Forefront protection 2010 for SharePoint
    • Antivurs OS level - FEP - Forefront End proteciotn

Error Message: MS Forefront Security engine flagged some Sharepoint DB’s to VirusStatus=1 and was causing anException from HRESULT: 0x80041050 error.

There’s a fix explained in the following link: http://geekswithblogs.net/MOSSParadox/archive/2007/07/05/Forefront-Security-and-MOSS--Exception-from-HRESULT-0x80041050.aspx

Thanks in Advance

rohu

Sunday, June 24, 2012 8:17 AM

Answers