none
A Connection to the deployment share could not be made.... RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I know this question has been posted a fair number of times on the forums but so far none of the responses have fixed my issue.

I am having trouble connecting to the deployment share receiving the error message below.

"A connection to the deployment share could not be made. The deployment will not proceed. The following networking device did not have a driver installed PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&SUBSYS_00041179&REV_10"

I have downloaded the correct network drivers and even installed Windows 7 manually and added the drivers to check they are correct drivers.

I have added them to the OOB drivers in the deployment share and then updated and also regenerated the deployment share. Then i have updated the .wim file in the boot images folder but yet i still cannot get past this stage.

Does anyone have any further ideas that i could try?

Thanks,

Adam

Wednesday, January 28, 2015 10:44 AM

Answers

All replies

• Mind me asking, but what have you learned from the numerous questions you are referring to? In some of them there is a basic how-to troubleshoot.

I'll post my answer here like I have given many times to the people before you asking for the same problem:

First of all please check your inject drivers step, and the selection profile selected there. It should point to "all drivers", or to a selection profile you have created dedicated for example the Dell E5540. Next check the inject drivers step has no conditions which prevent it from executing.

Next it may occur that even drivers in a driver pack are not sanctifying. Sometimes you need to dig in and retrieve the correct driver. To do this most efficiently, retrieve the HardwareID of the device you experience is not installed. In this particular your network card. The ID looks something like this:

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1503&SUBSYS_1619103C&REV_04

Now go to pcidatabase.com and enter the number after VEN_ and DEV_ in the search boxes on top of the website, and it should reveal which particular driver you need. Import it in MDT in the out-of-box-drivers node, under the designated folder you use for this particular machine.

This has always helped me find drivers asap without losing to much time..

Cheers! Rens

If this post is helpful please click "Mark for answer", thanks! Kind regards

Wednesday, January 28, 2015 3:49 PM
  • Did a quick search for the device at "http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site" for "PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&SUBSYS_00041179&REV_10"

Results showed that there is a driver, but it was for "Supported products: Windows 8 , Windows 8.1 and later drivers"..

Also, it classified it as "Drivers (Other Hardware)" as opposed to "Drivers (Networking)".  I am wondering if due to the classification the drivers are not being added to WinPE?

You could simply try:

1. Make a "WinPE" Selection Profile
    2. Add those drivers to it (along with others desired)
    3. Ensure that when generating your WinPE ISO you choose that Selection Profile and tick "Include all drivers from the selection profile"
    4. Rebuild the Lite Touch Bootable ISO
    5. Boot with that and see if you now get beyond the error

Since you are deploying Win 7 and the MS drivers are for Win 8, might want to try the drivers you have downloaded instead.

Saturday, January 31, 2015 2:50 PM
  • Hi Rens,

Thanks for the reply. I have ensured that the driver profile that is selected is currently set to All drivers & Packages. Where can i check that the inject drivers has nothing stopping it executing?

I have been to Toshiba's website and downloaded the correct driver and even installed Windows 7 and added that driver to ensure it is correct. When I had confirmed that this was the correct driver I then added it to the drivers list but still to no avail.

I have also ensured that i have updated the deployment share before attempting again but still receive the same error message.

Thanks,

Adam

Monday, February 9, 2015 10:34 AM
  • Hi,

I have had a look on the website as you mentioned i couldn't find any results that matched 

"PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&SUBSYS_00041179&REV_10"

As mentioned in the post above I know I have the correct driver files as I have installed them manually on a blank image and they successfully installed.

Thanks,

Adam

Monday, February 9, 2015 10:35 AM
  • Interesting, I just checked and did not see the driver listed anymore. Okay, aside from that let's assume that you do have the correct driver and try a couple other things.

1. When booting up, can you "Exit to Command Prompt" and see if you are indeed getting the NIC Driver(s) loaded (Run: "Ipconfig" or "Ping" or "NSLookup")?
    2. Are you using any specific Make/Model structure for Drivers?
    3. Can you post a copy of your CS.ini?
    4. Are the drivers you have signed drivers or do you need to change the CS.ini to allow unsigned drivers?
    5. Does your "Boot.ini" have "%ServerName%\%DeploymentShare%" or is it using "%IPAddress\%DeploymentShare%"?  Issue may be that the driver is loading, but not resolving the "%DeploymentShare%" name.  This may be a DNS issue, if so try to change it to use the %IPAddress% instead.

Monday, February 9, 2015 12:19 PM
  • Hi,

I can exit to cmd and attempt ipconfig/ping etc. but get confirmation that there is no IP.

The imaging process is working for older versions of laptops and Netbooks but not for the newer models. They are all Toshiba models.

[Settings]

Priority=Default

Properties=MyCustomProperty

[Default]
    _SMSTSORGNAME=(*****)

OSInstall=YES

SkipAdminPassword=YES

SkipApplications=YES

SkipAppsOnUpgrade=YES

SkipBDDWelcome=YES

SkipBitLocker=YES

SkipCapture=YES

SkipComputerName=NO

SkipComputerBackup=YES

SkipDeploymentType=YES

DeploymentType=NEWCOMPUTER

SkipDomainMembership=YES

JoinDomain=(*****)

DomainAdmin=Build

DomainAdminDomain=(*****)

DomainAdminPassword=(*****)

SkipFinalSummary=YES

SkipLocaleSelection=YES

KeyboardLocale=en-GB

UserLocale=en-GB

UILanguage=en-GB

SkipPackageDisplay=YES

SkipProductKey=YES

SkipSummary=YES

SkipTaskSequence=NO

SkipTimeZone=YES

TimeZoneName=GMT Standard Time

skipUserData=Yes

FinishAction=LOGOFF

I have removed some of the information of the organisation with (*****)

Thanks,

Adam

Monday, February 9, 2015 12:31 PM
  • I'm still convinced there's a missing driver. I've shown you the way to find it. Also keep in mind that sometimes machines are also really picky about driver versions. However, if you would for instance import the Dell WINPE driver pack 5.0 and HP WINPE driver pack, you nail almost all common devices.

If this post is helpful please click "Mark for answer", thanks! Kind regards

Monday, February 9, 2015 12:59 PM
  • When you exit to a command prompt and run "IPConfig /All", do you even see your network adapter listed in the output?

If not, then therein lies the issue.  The driver is not being loaded in WinPE for the adapter.  If your adapter is listed, then in the Deployment Wizard try to assign a Static IP and see if you can get any further...

I am agreeing with Rens so far as to think there is a missing driver, at least in WinPE at this stage.

Monday, February 9, 2015 1:17 PM
  • Nope no network adapter is listed. I will again try to add the driver this afternoon and let you know how I get on.

Thanks,

Adam

Monday, February 9, 2015 1:30 PM
  • Okay, well that pretty much tells us where this is.  Again, you can always try the suggestion I made previously about creating a "WinPE" Selection Profile and then adding your desired drivers to that; then re-creating the boot ISO using only the drivers from that Selection Profile.

Keep in mind that this is only for WinPE so it should not affect the actual drivers being installed for the OS.  So don't go throwing everything in there, just the important ones like Mass Storage Device Drivers, Network Adapters, USB and Video (if desired).

Good luck.

Monday, February 9, 2015 1:42 PM
  • This is a MDT FAQ:

How to Debug missing Drivers in MDT Litetouch

Follow the instructions, there is a section on WInPE drivers.

Keith Garner - Principal Consultant [owner] - http://DeploymentLive.com

Tuesday, February 10, 2015 5:36 AM