none
DPM 2010 - Doesn't show all folders under the Recovery tab RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

I'm using DPM 2010 to backup 2 drives (C: and N:) from a file server, when I go to the recovery tab and go to the C: drive in that server I can see al the folders and files and navigate through them but when go to the N: drive where it shows the recoverable items DPM just shows the N: drive and cannot go inside of that to go through the folders, any idea how can I fix this.

Now, I do backups to disk every day and to tape at the end of the week for that server, the problem that i said at the beginig happens for the daily backups (on disk) but I can go throught the folders on the tape backups... strange, uh? can anyone tell me why is this and how to fix it, I dont want to go through tapes to go and recover a file if those should be on disk...

Thx four your help in advanced

Xtian

Thursday, May 26, 2011 1:51 PM

All replies

• 1. Is C: and N: are part of same PG?

2. What is the retention period and sync frequency of the PG of n:?

3. What exactly is being protected on N:? Or the entire volume is being protected?

4. Are there any exclusion settings for N:?

5. What kind of files and file types are being protected inside N:? 

6. From history of backups of N:, Can you find any recurring failures\warnings? what was the data transfer during PG creation and syncs?

7. Can you check the files under replica path if the protected files are present?

8. Can you check how many Restore Points are available for N:?

Thanks,

GeethaKrishna [MSFT]

/*As is provided without warranties and confers no rights*/

Saturday, May 28, 2011 10:30 AM
  • Hello,

Does this issue still exists?

Thanks
    Shane
    Monday, August 15, 2011 11:10 PM
  • Hello,

“housekeeping- closing old post. Open a new post if you still have a need.”
    no response.