HELP!!! microsoft 6to4 adaptor RRS feed

• Question

• now this is my first post but here we go
    i bought a hp pavillion pc, and it comes with a hardware diagnotics tool and it has an alert tab and it say there is a driver problem with "microsoft 6to4 driver" and i gives me the option to either reinstall the driver or restore original driver now if i do either of these steps will it completely wipe my hard drive of all my data from music to browser videos pics and so on. but if i do that then there goes all my school work cause i am a online student so i have programs like microsoft word and othersso i  need to get this issuse fixed cause i dont want to waste my investment just cause an error so if someone could please help me it would be very appericated

Monday, March 2, 2009 5:02 PM

Answers

•  

Hi,

Thank you for you post.

Based on my research, I found the Microsoft 6to4 Adapter actually is a virtual device which does some conversions between IPv6 and IPv4. Please also refer to the following Knowledge Base:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932520

If you don’t use IPv6 and the network connection works properly, we can just safely ignore this issue.

Hope this helps. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Thanks.

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    Wednesday, March 4, 2009 6:46 AM