none
WMI Status Access Denied RRS feed

  • Question

  • WMI Status - Access Denied even though I scan with full domain admin credentials.

    Kris

    Wednesday, April 18, 2012 7:11 PM

All replies

  • Try using WBEMTEST on one of the failed machines. If it is also getting Access Denied, then check that machine to insure that the credentials you are using are part of the local machine's administrators group.

    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

    Thursday, April 19, 2012 5:10 PM
    Moderator
  • I had the same problem, but I finally figured it out.  This is what I was doing wrong, and I'm guessing you probably did as well.  When you're putting in your domain admin credentials, even though you're putting the domain name in on the top line, you still have to put in the domain in the username field.  I.E. -- domain\username .  I assumed (Never assume!) that since you put it in on the first line, that it would use that.  

    I don't understand why only the domain controllers and the local box that has MAP installed reported back successfully, but at least I have data now.

    Hope this helps Kris!

    • Proposed as answer by Mauro Rita Wednesday, January 7, 2015 4:10 PM
    Friday, April 20, 2012 3:37 PM
  • In case it helps, take a look at the following article. It has a list status MAP returns and their explanation.

    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/1644.microsoft-assessment-and-planning-toolkit-inventory-status-messages-en-us.aspx


    Pman
    http://www.pmansLab.com/

    Wednesday, May 2, 2012 2:19 AM
  • I ran into a user's computer that wasn't reporting to our computer inventorying program and was not allowing antivirus updates. When I tried to access it remotely I would receive all kinds of WMI errors. After days of researching potential problems on this computer I found a lot of disturbing information. Also, Antivirus was not able to update or scan.

    1.) Netlogon had been DISABLED.

    2.) Netpeeker was running (not an I.T. machine but a Marketing computer).

    3.) nProtect Game Guard was running.

    4.) Remote Registry was turned off.

    5.) Sentinel Keys Server and Sentinel Protection was installed and running.

    6.) Domain Admins had been removed as local Administrators of the computer!

    * I know there was more ...

    This guy had local Administrative rights because he is a real super user and we (IT Dept) were being "kind". After a few hours of sluething and repair work the computer is now responding the way it SHOULD and he no longer has administrative rights on his computer no matter how much he complains.

    * sometimes it isn't the software, it's the user.

    • Edited by aotwSue Sunday, May 12, 2013 6:28 PM
    Thursday, May 9, 2013 2:48 PM
  • You, sir or madam, are brilliant.

    Thursday, February 11, 2016 8:26 PM