Backing up a UAG using CommVault RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

CommVault support wasn't very helpful with this.

I am unable to setup a CommVault client on my UAG infrastructure.

I was wondering if maybe there are tools in UAG itself so I can backup to say a share on the network? Any tips?

Has anyone backed up UAG with CommVault?

Thanks!

Wednesday, April 4, 2012 12:18 AM

All replies

• No I haven't tried that but this may help.

Substitute everything that says ISA for TMG - it is the same. Found this at http://www.experts-exchange.com/Microsoft/Windows_Security/Q_26891371.html (scroll all the way to the bottom)

1) Setup ISA protocols as:
       a.  Simpana Events Service - port 8401 TCP outbound.
       b.  Simpana Comms Service - port 8400 TCP outbound, plus secondary in and out full port range TCP 1024 - 65525.
       c.  Simpana Client Event Service - port 8402 TCP outbound.
       d.  Simpana Dynamic Controller - port range TCP 5000 - 5020 outbound.
    2) Create a rule with all these above protocols allowed TO & FROM the device your trying to backup, plus the commserve and the media agent(s)
    3) On the commserve check the FwConfig.txt to verify that the data ports used are indeed as above - 5000 - 5020.  Also check the FWConfigLocal.txt to make sure this is not overriding the settings.
    4) On the commserve & media agent(s) edit both FwHosts.txt, FwPeers.txt to include the device you are trying to backup.  I often include the FQDN and IP address - on seperate lines ofcause.  Also on these machines make sure FwPorts.txt contants 5000-5020.
    5) Finally on the device trying to backup edit FwHosts.txt, FwPeers.txt to include the commserve and the media agent(s).  Again I often include the FQDN and IP address.  Also again make sure FwPorts.txt contants 5000-5020.

If there is no DNS servers active I also include the name and Ip in the hosts file - Only relevent if no DNS though.

Hth, Anders Janson Enfo Zipper

Wednesday, April 4, 2012 8:23 AM