Integrating RCC with Lync and Mitel RRS feed

• Question

• I am designing a Lync solution with RCC to a Mitel IP PBX.  I am wondering if anyone has implemented this scenario and whether a few questions could be answered:

1. There are 3 IP PBX's spread across sites, but these act is a cluster.  Does this mean that 3 gateways  require configuring between Lync and Live Business gateway (LBG) and the Mitel's? 

2. Following on from Q1.  Does the Mitel 3300 require Live Business Gateway for RCC?.  Does anyone have any idea of licensing costs for this?

3. Mitel Communications Director is also noted as required.  As I do not know Mitel I am not sure of this role.  Can anyone explain the role for MCD and where it fits in to a RCC solution?

4.  I have an implementation guide for Lync but is there one from the Mitel side?

Thanks in advance

• Moved by Sharon.Shen Thursday, October 13, 2011 1:56 AM EV issue (From:Planning and Deployment)
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 6:10 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Answers below:

1. There are 3 IP PBX's spread across sites, but these act is a cluster.  Does this mean that 3 gateways  require configuring between Lync and Live Business gateway (LBG) and the Mitel's? 

No, you can use a single LBG for all your Mitel PBXs.

2. Following on from Q1.  Does the Mitel 3300 require Live Business Gateway for RCC?.  Does anyone have any idea of licensing costs for this?

Yes, the LBG is required to achieve RCC with Lync. Best to ask your Mitel reseller for licensing cost estimations.

3. Mitel Communications Director is also noted as required.  As I do not know Mitel I am not sure of this role.  Can anyone explain the role for MCD and where it fits in to a RCC solution?

MCD is the core software platform of a Mitel 3300. Typically, the Mitel 3300 PBX is referred to as an ICP (IP Communications Platform).

4.  I have an implementation guide for Lync but is there one from the Mitel side?

You can check out my guide on my blog here for info - http://www.justin-morris.net/configuring-lync-server-2010-for-remote-call-control-with-mitel-3300/

Hope this helps.

Justin Morris | Consultant | Modality Systems
    Blog - www.justin-morris.net
    Twitter: @jm_deluxe
    If this post has been useful please click the green arrow to the left or click "Propose as answer"

• Proposed as answer by Sharon.Shen Thursday, October 13, 2011 1:46 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sharon.Shen Tuesday, October 18, 2011 1:36 AM
    Wednesday, October 12, 2011 11:48 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Answers below:

No, you can use a single LBG for all your Mitel PBXs.

Yes, the LBG is required to achieve RCC with Lync. Best to ask your Mitel reseller for licensing cost estimations.

MCD is the core software platform of a Mitel 3300. Typically, the Mitel 3300 PBX is referred to as an ICP (IP Communications Platform).

You can check out my guide on my blog here for info - http://www.justin-morris.net/configuring-lync-server-2010-for-remote-call-control-with-mitel-3300/

Hope this helps.

Justin Morris | Consultant | Modality Systems
    Blog - www.justin-morris.net
    Twitter: @jm_deluxe
    If this post has been useful please click the green arrow to the left or click "Propose as answer"

• Proposed as answer by Sharon.Shen Thursday, October 13, 2011 1:46 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sharon.Shen Tuesday, October 18, 2011 1:36 AM
    Wednesday, October 12, 2011 11:48 AM
  • Hi Clarkeyi,

I have to ask, what makes you plan to go for a RCC method with IPPBX? are you looking for specific features like Simultaneous Ring or call forward to PBX extension?

most of those features still can be achieved by using Direct SIP connection to LYNC Mediation Server and it'll be at a less cost than implementing RCC.

Compare the features that you want to use by implementing RCC and check whether those can be done with Direct SIP connection.

Thamara.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011 2:11 PM