none
DPM 2007 Recovery points creation failure RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there.

We are using DPM to backup Exchange CCR clusters containing over 30 databases total.

Every day in DPM console I'm getiing messages like "Recovery point creation failure" caused by insufficient space available for replica.

Is there some way to automatically extend space allocated for each mailbox DB to successfully perform daily backup without my intrusion?

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 7:06 AM

Answers

• Sorry my bad..... I did not read that you were on 2007.  this feature is in DPM 2010.

thanks,

Parag Agrawal

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 12:34 PM

All replies

• When a user creates a PG, on the Disk allocation page, you get a checkbox option which says "Auto-Grow replica" 

This option automatically takes care of replica grow situations(when your replica goes out of space, it does a size grow on that volume without the admin intervention). You can turn than ON, by selecting those Datasources in the Protection View pane and click on "Modify disk allocation" link in the right hand side action pane. Once the form loads up, check the "Automatically grow the volumes" grow checkbox at the bottom of the form. 

thanks,

Parag Agrawal

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 10:09 AM
  • Thanks for the reply.

Can you confirm that "Auto-grow replica" is present in DPM 2007?

Cannot see this magic checkbox anywhere for some reason...

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 11:11 AM
  • Sorry my bad..... I did not read that you were on 2007.  this feature is in DPM 2010.

thanks,

Parag Agrawal

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 12:34 PM