none
RPCDiag Shows outlook trying to decommissioned legacy server RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

For one of our user, Outlook /RPCDiag shows that it is trying to connect to a decommissioned legacy exchange 2003 server, due to which outlook stays on connecting screen for 2 minutes. We are using outlook 2010 & Exchange 2007 in our environment. This problem is only with single user.

Please suggest.

Friday, March 8, 2013 5:38 PM

All replies

• Excuse for the type. I mean to say Outlook trying to connect to decommissioned legacy exchange server in subject line.
    Friday, March 8, 2013 5:45 PM
  • Create a new Outlook profile?

Usually autodiscover takes care of that - as it did for your other users.

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you.

Monday, March 11, 2013 12:28 AM
  • This happens on each new machine where we create new profile for this perticuler user. Migration happened an year ago & legacy servers were decommissioned.
    Monday, March 11, 2013 8:14 AM
  • Hi  ,

It can logon mailbox and no problem, right ?

Please run Test E-mail AutoConfiguration and post here, check which url it returns and which autodiscover url it looks for.

Also check if there is any record for legacy server on DNS .

Wendy Liu
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 8:38 AM
  • Hi Wendy,

Thanks for the reply.

There is no record in DNS for that decommissioned server.

Only a single user is facing this issue. Old server is not appearing for anyone else.

In Test E-Mail AutoConfiguration, it is connecting to one of our CAS server found thorugh SCP.

Can there be something wrong with this user's mailbox? This is not an organization wide issue for us.

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 3:11 PM
  • Hi

Do you create this profile  before migration or after ?

How about creating a profile for this account on others’ machine ?

Would you post the test e-mail autoconfiguration results ?

Wendy Liu
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, March 18, 2013 6:24 AM