none
Server 2011 Essentials all Network Cards show "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)" RRS feed

• Question

• I have an old Server 2011 Essentials that all of a sudden over night all Network Cards show "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)" I installed a new card and it shows the same thing.

Have run sfc /scannow but no change

I have tried removing recent windows updates but no change

Any help would be appreciated before I restore to a backup

Thursday, December 13, 2018 2:01 AM

All replies

• Hi,

If possible, as problem happens recently, system restoring would be recommend and worth to have a try.

Besides, if problem still happens after driver reinstallation, if possible, I would recommend you to contact hardware provider/supporter to have a hardware health scanning for your server.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 14, 2018 7:22 AM
  • Hi,

How things are going there on this issue?

Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 18, 2018 5:05 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update?

Please click “Mark as answer” if any of above reply is helpful. It would make this reply to the top and easier to be found for other people who has the similar problem.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Tuesday, December 25, 2018 7:19 AM