none
Project Server 2010 - Timesheet Line Classifications RRS feed

• Question

• In the timesheet settings for Server 2010 we have entered line clasifications.  I thought that they would be displayed in the order added.  However, they are displayed in ascending order.  Is there any way to sort them in a different order?
    Wednesday, January 19, 2011 9:37 PM

Answers

• There is nothing standard out of the box that provides a way to order.  You could change prefix the names with 1. or a. to create a sort order.   For example

1.Standard

2. Account Standard

3. Enterprise Standard.

Sometimes a clever SharePoint developer can put a little Java in a hidden webpart to modify the HTML. 

Cheers 

PS. I have always been curious as to how Timesheet Line Classifications can be used.  Can you enlighten me how you plan to use this feature?

Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    www.WhartonComputer.com
    Thursday, January 20, 2011 1:22 AM

All replies

• There is nothing standard out of the box that provides a way to order.  You could change prefix the names with 1. or a. to create a sort order.   For example

1.Standard

2. Account Standard

3. Enterprise Standard.

Sometimes a clever SharePoint developer can put a little Java in a hidden webpart to modify the HTML. 

Cheers 

PS. I have always been curious as to how Timesheet Line Classifications can be used.  Can you enlighten me how you plan to use this feature?

Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    www.WhartonComputer.com
    Thursday, January 20, 2011 1:22 AM
  • Hi Michael,

THanks for the idea, I will try that out. 

We use the classifications to help with reporting and timesheet accounting.  We are using it to split out the "type" of activity - is it related to a project, but not a WBS item?  Or, is it a company thing - like a required annual meeting.  Or perhaps work that is project related but there is not a project schedule created (different than work done on a project without a corresponding task). 

Friday, January 21, 2011 4:42 PM