Looking for an AppV 5.0 recipe for SyncToy 2.1. RRS feed

• Question

• Sequencing SyncToy 2.1 doesn't appear to be an issue per say but when updating from the client side and launching the Create folder pair, I receive an error message with the following message, "The required Microsoft Sync Framework components cannot be found. Please re-run SyncToy 2.0 setup from the original location."

The same version of Sync Framework is installed on the host and client.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Wednesday, June 24, 2015 8:43 PM

Answers

• What do you mean by updating from client end?

If there is something with Sequencing: I would suggest you to re-sequence with Original INSTALLDIR as PVAD if used Dummy PVAD. As I've read some where that some applications may require original INSTALLDIR as PVAD or else will fail with Errors in which one is to re-run the setup.

Also, Can you give a try by enabling Named & Com Objects Integration to OS. You can find this under Advanced Tab of package Editor.

Thursday, June 25, 2015 4:05 PM

All replies

• What do you mean by updating from client end?

If there is something with Sequencing: I would suggest you to re-sequence with Original INSTALLDIR as PVAD if used Dummy PVAD. As I've read some where that some applications may require original INSTALLDIR as PVAD or else will fail with Errors in which one is to re-run the setup.

Also, Can you give a try by enabling Named & Com Objects Integration to OS. You can find this under Advanced Tab of package Editor.

Thursday, June 25, 2015 4:05 PM
  • When I say host, I am referring to the Sequencing server. When I say client, I am referring to the system the packaged app will be streamed to meaning the customer side.

I have enabled the Named & Com Objects Integration to OS.

I have seen someone had created a package accelerator in App-V 4.6 for this version of SyncToy but I need something for App-V 5 or some assistance in figuring out what I am missing.

Thursday, June 25, 2015 4:57 PM
  • Thank you very much Vinod.

Using the programs default install dir for the PVAD worked.

Regards,

Robert

Monday, June 29, 2015 1:34 PM