none
Scheduled Task not applied correctly

Question

• Hello guys and gals,

I'm in a need for an advise

I have 3 2k8r2 DCs

I want to publish schedule task via GPO:

i had one, that was published once and called "detainact" which is no longer needed

- so i've created a new one with a different name on a dc itself (to avoid known %logedondomain%\%logedonuser% issues) then went to the user config-preferences-control panel-scheduled task and pointed on the task, i created. 

I also removed the previous task from the gpo.

When i look for a policy id in sysvol folders and viewing the policy xml - everything looks good

Also replication works well (at least repadmin says so..)

Now, when i run gpupdate on any client computer, it does not get the new task, but the old one (?!) even if i delete it manually from the client - executing gpupdate resurrects it..

Gpresult shows, that the only task existing is the old one..

I tried created new gpo and still get the same result with no clue of how for gods sake this could be happening.

I wonder if there is some cache in the domain, that may be cleaned or i totally miss something...

* i tried this one different clients, authenticated against any of my 3 DCs.

Any help will be highly appreciated!

If you find this post helpful, spend a second to vote up. Smoking~~

• Edited by SuperUzer Tuesday, May 24, 2016 1:39 PM
    Tuesday, May 24, 2016 11:05 AM

Answers

• Hi SuperUzer,

Thanks for your post.

First, I suggest you check whether replication succeed or not between DCs again.

You can use the repadmin /showrepl command to verify successful replication to a specific domain controller. If you are not running Repadmin on the domain controller whose replication you are checking, you can specify a destination domain controller in the command. Repadmin lists INBOUND NEIGHBORS for the current or specified domain controller. INBOUND NEIGHBORS shows the distinguished name of each directory partition for which inbound directory replication has been attempted, the site and name of the source domain controller, and whether replication succeeded or not, as follows:

1.       Last attempt @ <YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM.SS> was successful.

2.       Last  attempt @ [Never] was successful

To verify successful replication to a domain controller

1. Open a Command Prompt as an administrator: On the Start menu, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. If the User Account Control dialog box appears, provide Domain Admins credentials, if required, and then click Continue.
    2. At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

repadmin /showrepl <servername> /u:<domainname>\<username> /pw:*

3.   At the Password: prompt, type the password for the user account that you provided, and then press ENTER.

For more information, you could refer to the article below.

Verify Successful Replication to a Domain Controller

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc794749(v=ws.10).aspx

If there are any errors, please post it to us.

Best Regards,

Jay

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, May 26, 2016 7:10 AM

All replies

• Hi SuperUzer,

Thanks for your post.

First, I suggest you check whether replication succeed or not between DCs again.

You can use the repadmin /showrepl command to verify successful replication to a specific domain controller. If you are not running Repadmin on the domain controller whose replication you are checking, you can specify a destination domain controller in the command. Repadmin lists INBOUND NEIGHBORS for the current or specified domain controller. INBOUND NEIGHBORS shows the distinguished name of each directory partition for which inbound directory replication has been attempted, the site and name of the source domain controller, and whether replication succeeded or not, as follows:

1.       Last attempt @ <YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM.SS> was successful.

2.       Last  attempt @ [Never] was successful

To verify successful replication to a domain controller

1. Open a Command Prompt as an administrator: On the Start menu, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. If the User Account Control dialog box appears, provide Domain Admins credentials, if required, and then click Continue.
    2. At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

repadmin /showrepl <servername> /u:<domainname>\<username> /pw:*

3.   At the Password: prompt, type the password for the user account that you provided, and then press ENTER.

For more information, you could refer to the article below.

Verify Successful Replication to a Domain Controller

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc794749(v=ws.10).aspx

If there are any errors, please post it to us.

Best Regards,

Jay

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, May 26, 2016 7:10 AM
  • Hi, and Thanks for a reply.

It did not seem to be a replication issue.

However rebooting DC's one after another somehow solved this issue.

I hadn't much time to investigate it further.

Thank you very much for your reply!

If you find this post helpful, spend a second to vote up. Smoking~~

Thursday, June 09, 2016 2:39 PM