HELP PLEASE I CAN'T UPDATE MY WIN XP HOME EDITION - 32BIT RRS feed

• Question

• HELP ME PLEASE!!
    ----------------------------------------
    I have a serious problem with my Windows XP Home Edition - 32bit, i installed it then installed chrome browser, then i activated it, then i installed this 2 packs: 1) WindowsXP-KB914882-x86-ENU.exe and 2) WindowsInstaller-KB893803-v2-x86.exe in that same order, then i installed Microsoft Security Essentials, now if i try to update windows thought the Windows Update it won't let me it shows me this message: "The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem." with this error [Error number: 0x8024400A] (it doesn't matter which option i choose it says this, either is Express or Custom) I've tried all the suggested solutions but i haven't found a solution yet, and the Automatic Updates never start updating even if i change the installation time manually.
    ----------------------------------------
    HELP ME PLEASE!!
    Monday, August 6, 2012 10:56 PM

All replies

• i think i fixed it by downloading the SP3 update and installing it manually then windows update seems to be working fine. for the moment!

Tuesday, August 7, 2012 12:18 AM