Exchange 2003 MailFlow issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have set up mailflow monitoring between our 2 Exchange 2003 servers and it has worked well until last weekend.

One of the Exchange servers has been virtualised and has the same IP and DNS details but since then it has been unable to send the test mailflow messages:

The partner server is reporting in the SCOM console that it is not receiving the test messages.  The mailflow test account has over 200 messages in its inbox that has come from the partner mailserver.

Any ideas how I can restore the functionality?

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 11:54 AM

Answers

• I would delete it and start again.  Moving a server to a virtual has many consequences.  You need to figure out if the agent is able to communicate with the RMS - things like firewalls, agent computer account used in encryption, all kinds of stuff.  I'd start that agent over like it was a new computer (delete agent, push agent), then debug the agent operationsmanager log - is the agent gray?  is the agent able to communicate with the RMS?
    Microsoft Corporation
    Monday, May 24, 2010 3:38 PM
  • Also try to rerun the config wizard for these servers.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm
    Friday, May 28, 2010 11:12 PM

All replies

• I would delete it and start again.  Moving a server to a virtual has many consequences.  You need to figure out if the agent is able to communicate with the RMS - things like firewalls, agent computer account used in encryption, all kinds of stuff.  I'd start that agent over like it was a new computer (delete agent, push agent), then debug the agent operationsmanager log - is the agent gray?  is the agent able to communicate with the RMS?
    Microsoft Corporation
    Monday, May 24, 2010 3:38 PM
  • Also try to rerun the config wizard for these servers.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm
    Friday, May 28, 2010 11:12 PM