none
New to Project Online - I can't edit or add tasks RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I was set up with Project Online and initially I was able to create a Project and a number of tasks.

I now find that although I can create new projects I can’t add any tasks and the initial tasks are no longer showing.

The icons I seem to need are faded and I get the message - that I might not have the right permissions.

I had project administrator rights and was give owner rights in the hope that would resolve this but to no avail. 

Can someone point me to any manuals / guides for Project Online specifically the setup and configuration.

I’m familiar with Project, being a long time user but I’m not familiar with 365 or sharepoint.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hal

Sunday, December 6, 2015 11:16 PM

Answers

• Hello Hal,

I would probably have a look to the "check-in my projects" in the Project Center. I think that your project is not checked-in and though you have no right to edit it.

You can find the project Server Administration guide here Microsoft Project Server 2013 Administrator's Guide

Regards

Jérome Charlon - Senior Project Server Architect - MCP-MCTS

• Marked as answer by Hal King Monday, December 7, 2015 9:35 PM
    Monday, December 7, 2015 2:26 AM

All replies

• Hello Hal,

I would probably have a look to the "check-in my projects" in the Project Center. I think that your project is not checked-in and though you have no right to edit it.

You can find the project Server Administration guide here Microsoft Project Server 2013 Administrator's Guide

Regards

Jérome Charlon - Senior Project Server Architect - MCP-MCTS

• Marked as answer by Hal King Monday, December 7, 2015 9:35 PM
    Monday, December 7, 2015 2:26 AM
  • Hi Jerome,

Thank you for the prompt response. It's what I was missing.

I just need to become familiar with the product. 

Thanks again

Hal

Monday, December 7, 2015 9:35 PM