none
Azure VM runs but shows a failed message RRS feed

• Question

• the VM i created on my azure runs as it should but a failed message is displayed all of the time, the message reads.

"Provisioning state

Provisioning failed. OS Provisioning for VM 'myVM' did not finish in the allotted time. The VM may still finish provisioning successfully. Please check provisioning state later.. OSProvisioningTimedOut
    Guest agent

Ready. GuestAgent is running and accepting new

configurations."

what can i do to fix this failed message? is there settings that i did not configure properly?

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 4:04 PM

All replies

• Hello

Did you assign a storage account for your azure project. If not do that first.

Try taking package of the azure solution Right click azure project > Package > select Cloud, Release and take package. Then goto azure portal and create a cloud service, then upload package. select check boxes to overwrite existing roles. then press OK

Regards, Regin Ravi

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 4:32 PM
  • WHAT????
    Sunday, August 27, 2017 9:33 PM
  • Hi.

there is a button 'redeploy', wich will try to build your server on another stamp.

Cheers Christophe - Kindly click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you - www.cloudcrusader.com

Sunday, August 27, 2017 11:06 PM
  • Are you trying to create the VM from an existing VHD? If yes you need to sysprep the VHD before moving into Azure.
    Monday, August 28, 2017 4:12 PM
  • Same as me. Exactly the same message. The virtual machine is running without further incidents but the Status is still failed. So any updates for this error?
    Friday, September 29, 2017 7:17 AM
  • Did you check for any error for any resources in activity log?

Please Mark as Answer if my post works for you or Vote as Helpful if it helps you. Kapil Singh

Friday, September 29, 2017 12:35 PM
  • I am having the exact same problem. The VM is up and running but the status says failed. Have you been able to resolve this?
    Thursday, October 5, 2017 5:35 PM
  • Please check below link, looks like known issue but no option to increase the time out 

https://github.com/Azure/azure-sdk-for-node/issues/1491

Thursday, October 5, 2017 7:24 PM